Brazilian Protestors Signs.

Noesdeayer

Registered
As an avid Brazil watcher and visitor I am keeping an eye on the latest protests there.One article in The Washington Post together with an informative photo was especially interesting.Beside the omnipresent protest signs urging "Fora Dilma-e leva O PTcom voce"or "Get Out Dilma and take The Workers' Party with you",there was a white European looking woman - The Post tells us that,"In Sao Paulo,demonstrators were overwhelmingly white"-held aloft a sign saying in English."Save us from Communism-HELP!".I wondered whom was she asking for help? The U.S.? OMG,I hope not.All I could remember was Kristina saying that if anything happened to her that people should look to the NORTH.Dilma's government may be too progressive for some people but to say that it is communism is streching it a bit.By far,for me at least,the most interesting sign was a placard with a photo of Segio Moro,the judge who has jailed dozens in the oil scandle."We are in an era in which we look for a national hero",he said.Way to go,Marcos! I am with you on that one!

"Save us from Communism-HELP!".I wondered whom was she asking for help? The U.S.?

Typical South American messianic mindset. The message was directed to anyone. God, the US, space aliens, the military, Google... anything and anyone who can play the role of "savior". That is what we in South America like: Someone to come and save us from ourselves and play the role of the father figure.

Back