Brazilian Real, Argentina Peso And Rmb

garryl

Registered
Finally, the invincible Brazilian Real tanked, after years of investment and debt borrowing, it dropped by 33% this year, to 3.98 on Monday (9.21) and further to 4.0266.

A Goldman Sachs executive warned his Brazilian friends that the real estate price in Brazil was crazy two years ago. But his friends did not believe that the price would drop, and it was true. But with the REAL devaluation, it's like the Brazil real estate has dropped 33% in price and the trend is still going lower.

FED decided to hold the rate hike this week, perhaps due to the lobby from China (which FED said in its statement). China has pressured US not to raise the rate for several quarters now.

The situation in China is just like what is in Brazil, but the larger foreign reserve and isolated financial environment, and other factors, are delaying the financial crashes in China. Everything in China slowed down, the 7% GDP is likely a fake number. The transportation and power usage is down 20%, how can the GDP is still 7%.

For Argentina, some local financial people said the blue rate could shoot to 30 after the election ???
The excessive printing of current finally triggered the disaster, you cant violate the economic rules. The magic of BRIC country is over, for now.

Polls show a Scioli win seems likely. Surely that is factored in to the current blue price. Unless he wins by a landslide, I cant see the blue getting past 16-17 in the 6 months after the election, let alone 30. Most economists I have read seem to think that the `real`price of dollar is actually between 12-14 which still seems low.

You gotta be careful who you read. Some "economists" here also say that Argentina is economically better than Canada...

Poor Canadians. :(

Finally, the invincible Brazilian Real tanked, after years of investment and debt borrowing, it dropped by 33% this year, to 3.98 on Monday (9.21) and further to 4.0266.

2123162.jpg

I cant see the blue getting past 16-17 in the 6 months after the election, let alone 30.

Later part I agree with, but then there's this:
Dólar Blue o paralelo
  • COMPRA
  • VENTA
You gotta be careful who you read. Some "economists" here also say that Argentina is economically better than Canada...

Poor Canadians. :(

no llores por mi Argentina, al pulsar el botón, me sale dólares

In all seriousness we have entered a recession and our dollar is no worth 75 cents USD which
sucks for folks like me, but our election is the week before Argentina's so hopefully we can fix that.

If anyone wants to bet on a the "blue rate shoot[ing] to 30 after the election" I'll be more than happy to short.

Yes, I will take that bet too.

Also, long time no see.

Both official and blue rate are manipulated rate by government. You have to set it free to see what it's like, 20 or 30 or 15.

Back