Brazil's Fútbol Para Todos

It was enlightening to read collectivist-in-chief Mitt Romney's comments on the Sochi olympics. Based on his experience frittering away some $600 million in public funds on the 2002 games, Mitt the Collectivist said,

"You don't need to spend $50 billion, as Russia has, or as China did, to put on Olympic sport. Olympic sport can be demonstrated at $2 [billion] or $3 billion," Romney said. "And all that extra money could be used to do some very important things, in terms of fighting poverty and fighting disease around the world. That's what we really ought to be using those resources for, as opposed to wasting them, in many cases, to show off a country or, I think more cynically, to show off the politicians in a country.

Freakin' Leninist.
Romney is indeed a collectivist.

That's why he was the Left's first choice to be the Republican candidate for President of The United States in 2102.

What's really disgusting (to me) is that he doesn't sound like he knows where "all that extra money" comes from or how it could create jobs and reduce (not just fight) poverty if it wasn't squandered by politicians, supposedly doing "some very important things" which actually waste a great deal of "that" money and are now driving more individuals and families in the United States into poverty.

I sincerely want to thank you for posting this. The article was an eye-opening expose of how central planning by collectivists can result in a "crippling bureaucracy, irresponsible allocation of resources and bastions of corruption."

Brazil’s model of "state capitalism" (a contradiction in terms) "gives extraordinary influence to a web of state-controlled companies, banks and pension funds to invest in ill-advised projects. Then other bastions of the vast public bureaucracy cripple projects with audits and lawsuits."

Thank goodness they were using what Sérgio Lazzarini, refers to as "government money" and not funds stolen from the poor.

Especially when Ayn deserved all that money...

Romney is indeed a collectivist.

That's why he was the Left's first choice to be the Republican candidate for President of The United States in 2102.

What's really disgusting (to me) is that he doesn't sound like he knows where "all that extra money" comes from or how it could create jobs and reduce (not just fight) poverty if it wasn't squandered by politicians supposedly doing "some very important things" which actually waste a great deal of "that" money and are now driving more individuals and families in the United States into poverty.

Delusion continue to reign in Aynville.

I was going to reply to this, but I can't decide who is being ironic and who is serious.

Especially when Ayn deserved all that money...

My dear ajoknoblauch,

Once again, you have made a comment about Ayn Rand regardless of the fact that neither this thread or my post had anything whatsoever to do with her or her philosophy. Nonetheless I would like to help you.

There might be one thing that could end your "Randy" obsession.

I have, therefore, decided to ask that the member who recently bequeathed me his Ayn Rand puff up doll to send it to you instead.

When you are almost done doing whatever you want to do with her, you can just give it one final, little prick.

And, hopefully, you obsession will go poof.

And you will still be the king of one line replies.

At least until the Black Hand returns to reclaim his throne.

Seems to me that Brasil would have been better off expanding its police force and actually occupying large parts of dense forest through which things like new rail lines go (so the rails don't get "recycled"), in order to protect infrastructure, build roads and bridges and power stations and other needed infrastructure, work on weeding out corruption and roadblocks to economic expansion and let architecture and "high standing" in the world through the Olympic games and other relatively unimportant things (compared to poverty and lack of means of producing a better future) come later when they could afford it.

It would be like a poor family finally on the economic rise spending all their money on a sleek new luxury car, which they won't have the money to maintain, while their house is falling down around their ears.

My opinion, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

My dear ajoknoblauch,

Once again, you have made a comment about Ayn Rand regardless of the fact that neither this thread or my post had anything whatsoever to do with her or her philosophy. Nonetheless I would like to help you.

There might be one thing that could end your "Randy" obsession.

I have, therefore, decided to ask that the member who recently bequeathed me his Ayn Rand puff up doll to send it to you instead.

When you are almost done doing whatever you want to do with her, you can just give it one final, little prick.

And, hopefully, you obsession will go poof.

And you will still be the king of one line replies.

At least until the Black Hand returns to reclaim his throne.

Only one person here has faith in the Gospel According to Ayn, and I am not that person.

This disastrous world cup (and upcoming Olympics) are Lula's legacy to Brazil .The megalomaniac wanted those to be monuments on his honor. In some ways it is ironic fitting that such ill conceived events will forever be associated to his image.

This disastrous world cup (and upcoming Olympics) are Lula's legacy to Brazil .The megalomaniac wanted those to be monuments on his honor. In some ways it is ironic fitting that such ill conceived events will forever be associated to his image.

OK, but then the presidenta of Brazil can boast to the rest of the bricks and to the other G20 country members that in latin america, the grand Brazil did it first and ahead of all the G20 too. I hope after the games the country can count in recouping all hundred of billiions spent three folds and give the masses jobs and more credit cards so the spending can keep on going. Then every one of these Brasileiros will be all happy and live happily after, lovely festivity upcoming.

Back