Bringing My Dog to BA

VickyS

Registered
Hi Everyone,

I am bringing my dog from Hong Kong to BA and it is his first time moving abroad. I'm excited to bring him but also nervous. In Hong Kong I have people to support with dog walking and dog sitting when I travel.

Is it is easy to find a reliable dog walker (1 on 1) and dog sitter for when I travel?
Are there any apps / websites I should look at?

Many thanks for your help.

Vicky

dog walkers in buenos aires are one of the interesting cultural sights to see - walking the streets with sometimes a dozen dogs at a time haha. finding a walker should not be difficult. but you want one who can do a good job (and not walk with 15 dogs at a time)

i never heard of any apps but it shouldn't be hard to find groups or willing volunteers on facebook or perhaps instagram. there are a couple expat groups on facebook which you could get recommendations from (or here!)

Be sure and take your dog down to the Botanical Garden and let him chase the cats around. A good time will be had by all.

Hi Everyone,

I am bringing my dog from Hong Kong to BA and it is his first time moving abroad. I'm excited to bring him but also nervous. In Hong Kong I have people to support with dog walking and dog sitting when I travel.

Is it is easy to find a reliable dog walker (1 on 1) and dog sitter for when I travel?
Are there any apps / websites I should look at?

Many thanks for your help.

Vicky
I have a very reliable lady who has been taking care of dogs for over 20 years - when people go on vacations - she takes the dog into her house. If you want her contact PM me please. She speaks basic english.

dog walkers in buenos aires are one of the interesting cultural sights to see - walking the streets with sometimes a dozen dogs at a time haha. finding a walker should not be difficult. but you want one who can do a good job (and not walk with 15 dogs at a time)

i never heard of any apps but it shouldn't be hard to find groups or willing volunteers on facebook or perhaps instagram. there are a couple expat groups on facebook which you could get recommendations from (or here!)
Thanks so much! My dog is a rescue from Hong Kong so he tolerates dogs (but doesn't love them!) Good to know it should be easy to find. Moving a dog across the world is quite daunting!

Be sure and take your dog down to the Botanical Garden and let him chase the cats around. A good time will be had by all.
Well this will be a dream for him! He loves chasing cats (although there are not many to chase in Hong Kong)

Well this will be a dream for him! He loves chasing cats (although there are not many to chase in Hong Kong)
As thoroughly impractical as it would be for apartment life, I have persistent thoughts of getting something really fast, like a Galgo or a Greyhound, and seriously giving those damn cats a scare.

Dogs are not allowed in the Botanical Garden under any circumstances...even on a leash.

JUst you wait
Dogs are not allowed in the Botanical Garden under any circumstances...even on a leash.
Just you wait until Bullrich is Presidenta, she'll put at end to that sort of mollycoddling. Why, those cats don't work, they don't pay taxes, they're all a bunch of freeloading leftists. Remember, she said "he that wants to carry a gun, let him buy one". Surely the same principle should apply to dogs.

After all, the Americans are allowed to arm bears.

Back