British Au Pair girl to work on an ESTANCIA!

izzyfindlay

Registered
• Fancy a unique experience on an Argentine Estancia?
• Love to horse ride or want to learn to ride?
• Want to practice Spanish and earn CASH?

Then work as an Au Pair with an Argentine family on their very own Estancia near Buenos Aires!

You would be looking after two children aged 1.5 and 4 years old.

Hours: 25 hours a week Monday to Friday (so 5 hours a day) usually starting in the afternoon.
Wages: Live on the Estancia, so your own room and all meals provided: $1400 pesos a month

- Opportunity to immerse yourself completely into an Argentine family
- Horse ride or learn to ride in the Argentine countryside
- Opportunity to work as a volunteer at the local primary school
- Learn or improve your Spanish by living and working with an Argentine family
- Practice your spanish with locals and Gauchos
- Get paid to learn invaluable childcare and employment skills that will embellish your CV
- Loads of spare time to fill how you wish; either with studies, or trips and hobbies which we can also advise you on.

Requirements:
female
available for 3 months minimum
enjoys working with children
previous experience and confidence working with young children
lots of energy
British native english speaker

For more information:
www.aupairinargentina.com
Or email Izzy at [email protected]

$1400 pesos a month equates to £205 a month and £2 an hour....

ebrizz said:
$1400 pesos a month equates to £205 a month and £2 an hour....

PLUS "your own room and all meals provided"

jez said:
PLUS "your own room and all meals provided"

Oh, I've just read their introduction fees. An applicant for the above job would have to pay u$s 420 introduction fee + at least u$s 80 admin fee = u$s 500 (ar$ 2130)

So working the minimum 3 month you would spend AR$ 2130 is fees and earn 3 x AR$ 1400 = AR$ 4200 a total of ar$ 2070 over 3 months....that's 25 hours a week, 100 hours month and 300 hours over the 3 months...a total of AR$6,90 an hour...

This one really made me blink for 2 reasons

1. appalling pay even for a nun
2. the idea that a nanny would be there for 3 months for such small children and levae..all child care books stress its about the continuity of childcare rather than if they offer Chinese and origame for 2 yr olds...

The previous post for PDE made sense as a holiday nany, this one doesnt

Lots of greedy types in Argentina and scamming is thenational sport

Also, according to Argentine laws, it's illegal to charge employees. All recruitment fees to be covered by the employer

Yea, I just posted on this. It's director is Anna Templeton and she resides in London, and operates in Buenos Aires without paying taxes here. I'm in the process of reporting them to the tax authorities in BA. They're also fraudulent:

I paid them $250 to be placed with a family who was not even sure they wanted an au pair. I lost my $250 because she would not give me even a partial refund if I did not sign an additional contract that prohibits me from speaking about my experience.

I have recently learned from the family that this agency does not have a bank account in Argentina either- the family was asked to take a check to a representative's boyfriend's house. I seriously doubt the legitimacy of this agency. I'd suggest avoiding working with Templeton or her representative Isabel Glover.

Templeton also runs AuPairInAndalucia.com and "SplatArgentina."

I have screenshots and everything on my blog: www.aupairinargentina.wordpress.com

http://baexpats.org/jobs/19551-aupairinargentina-com-scam.html#post144832

It is quite standard for Au Pair Agencies to cover a fee; it goes towards administration, care while the au pairs are abroad, events and orientation.
We have been working for 2 years successfully in Argentina with currently 30 happy au pairs placed with satisfied families, which I don’t think we could do if we were “fraudulent” or out to rip people off. Unfortunately there is not much we can do about a bitter au pair, who was asked to leave for not working properly and “treating the house like a hotel”, bad mouthing us across the internet, and of course she is entitled to her freedom of speech. The only thing we can rely on is the positive feedback that we consistently get from our clients content with our service and who know that we are true to our word.

Back