Buenoes Aires #1 City In Central & South America

G

germano

Top 5 Cities in Central & South America / Condé Nast Traveler - Readers' Choice Awards

http://www.cntraveler.com/readers-choice-awards/central-south-america/best-cities-central-south-america_slideshow_item4_5

item4.rendition.slideshowWideHorizontal.1-buenos-aires-casa-rosada-presidential-palace.jpg

Paraty???? Seriously?????? Might as well throw Colonia into the list too then.......

"This "nice medium-sized town" in Southern Brazil (Paraty) reminded one of our readers of "the U.S. in the early '60s."

Ok, it is a list made by clueless American jackasses. That explains it.

Never been to paratay, is it dangerous, boring or just unpleasant?

Read the BA paragraph. Once again..."Paris of the ..blah blah" I think that is the second worst travel related description cliche, the worst is a description I read of Belfast describing it as a "Hibernian Rio"

never been to paratay, is it dangerous, boring or just unpleasant?

It is a very nice colonial town. Kind of like a bigger version of Colonia, in a more tropical setting. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing THAT outstanding to be ranked on the "top 5 cities of central and south america".

Why am I not surprised to see those negative comments from the usual suspects?

What negative comments? This sounds like a lazy attack from someone whose nose is all bent out of shape over another issue.

Allow me to light a candle for you pal, I love living here despite all of the challenges it brings, my family are here, I work here, I am married to an Argentine and have family here who have made more significant contributions to this country than you or I ever will. If I don't like the exp<b></b>ression "Paris of..." it is because I am not a lazy idiot who needs to inappropriate references to convince myself that I am living somewhere else.

Buenos Aires is Buenos Aires. Stands on it's own. Unlike your snide comments which could do with a help in that department.

It is a very nice colonial town. Kind of like a bigger version of Colonia, in a more tropical setting. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing THAT outstanding to be ranked on the "top 5 cities of central and south america".

Have you been to Oro Preto? I've heard it COULD be ranked in the "top 5 cities of central and south america."

Have you been to Oro Preto? I've heard it COULD be ranked in the "top 5 cities of central and south america."

Yes. I find Ouro Preto MUCH more interesting than Paraty. I think Ouro Preto would be a much stronger candidate to the top 5 list than Paraty, no doubt about it.

To me, the only 2 cities listed that actually belong on that list are Cusco and BA. Although I would not have ranked BA #1, but that is a matter of taste.

Back