Buenoes Aires #1 City In Central & South America

Both - if you like to share it.

To visit, if I were to recommend it to a foreigner, my #1 would probably be Rio, but it is a matter of taste. I would certainly not live there for any money in the world.
To live, it would probably Londrina or Maringa , in Southern Brazil.

Cartagena's historic district is marvellous. What's shocking is that CN Traveler implies you should also visit the Ciudad Vieja - the only genuine attraction - presumably if you dare to venture outside the neo-Miami along the beach.

Cartagena's historic district is marvellous. What's shocking is that CN Traveler implies you should also visit the Ciudad Vieja - the only genuine attraction - presumably if you dare to venture outside the neo-Miami along the beach.

I think Cartagena is really nice, but I don;t think it should make it to the top 5. Top 10, sure. But top 5, not really.

I think Valpo is a wonderful place and very unique. I find it very different from the rest of Chile (in a good way). But I am not sure if it should be in the top five in Central and South America.

It's arguable, but I'm very fond of it. It's certainly the most distinctive city in Chile, the closest counterpart to San Francisco that there is.

It's arguable, but I'm very fond of it. It's certainly the most distinctive city in Chile, the closest counterpart to San Francisco that there is.
Very true. I almost always stay there when traveling to Chile because I like it that much. I just feel there is something missing to be in the top five in Central and South America.

Back