Buenos Aires Chosen To Test Self Driving Cars

You may have meant "... don't respect speed limits ..."?

And we all know that any lane demarcation lines are only suggestions anyway.

I have driven on Illia only and they go at 100 km/h when the speed limit is 100 km/h. WTF?! I have to slow down and keep at pace my instincts to drive as fast as you can as long there is nobody in front of you. It is just a cultural thing, I guess.

When driving in the US I was so easily distracted by other things when driving... the speed limits are so slow and most people respects them. Boring.

(I am not being in support of breaking the law, it is just that when you are used to a certain driving style, when you have to re-adjust it doesn't come natural.)
I still don't understand why Argentines can drive through a roundabout looking at the painted sign saying who must give way and who has the right of way. It is painful just to approach one!

I have driven on Illia only and they go at 100 km/h when the speed limit is 100 km/h. WTF?! I have to slow down and keep at pace my instincts to drive as fast as you can as long there is nobody in front of you. It is just a cultural thing, I guess.

When driving in the US I was so easily distracted by other things when driving... the speed limits are so slow and most people respects them. Boring.

(I am not being in support of breaking the law, it is just that when you are used to a certain driving style, when you have to re-adjust it doesn't come natural.)
I still don't understand why Argentines can drive through a roundabout looking at the painted sign saying who must give way and who has the right of way. It is painful just to approach one!
they know where the speed cameras are located and dont want a fine. other than that drivers don`t care about speed limits.
i second that lanes don`t matter here and people zigzag between lanes constantly

Oh, right. I missed your point about driving the speed limit. And of course the idea that slower traffic should move to the right to let faster drivers through is definitely not part of the culture here. Just drove into the city from EZE last night. Tried to move right, signalling, to get to my offramp, and the guy on the right sped up to cut me off. A little later I was able to move into the lane ahead of him and he made a few furious honks for violating his rights. Assholes abound.

Tried to move right, signalling, to get to my offramp, and the guy on the right sped up to cut me off.

For how long have you been driving here? You should know that there is no signaling in Argentina. It is either 4 directional lights at once to park or nothing. They are signaling impaired. I will take you to an advanced driving course. Polish your porteño yelling and we will have fun! Plus, Buenos Aires by night is even better! We'll stop by to have a slice of fugazzeta at La Mezzetta with the taxi drivers!

For how long have you been driving here? You should know that there is no signaling in Argentina. It is either 4 directional lights at once to park or nothing. They are signaling impaired. I will take you to an advanced driving course. Polish your porteño yelling and we will have fun! Plus, Buenos Aires by night is even better! We'll stop by to have a slice of fugazzeta at La Mezzetta with the taxi drivers!

Accepted.

Illia is full of speed traps, that`s why everyone slows down. Also you will see that people migrate to the outer lanes to avoid the camera. The only place people obey limits is where the speed traps are. What drives me nuts and are more dangerous are the people going 90km in the 130km lane out the Panamericana. Also the divide at the Triangulo into Ramal Pilar / Escobar -- people will cross five lanes of traffic at the last minute to get on ramal Escobar, as if they didn`t know it was coming. Rotundas are sadly misunderstood here, they have right of priority reversed...

By the way, you may have been racking up fines and not be aware of it until the day you go to renew your license -- you can check your fines I think on agip.gob.ar

Back