Buenos aires drinking water

sinagua980 said:
That's exactly what "most people" want. You nailed it! We were having a fine conversation without your arrogance.
I am arrogant. You are the Judge.
What's worse?
I declare myself arrogant, at least I'm sincere.

StuckLikeGlue said:
The only place I drink tap water is in my own home.... any time I'm at an Argentine's house and try to drink out of the tap they react as if I'm about to drink poison. I can't think of any Argentine I know who doesn't have a filter/bottles of water/etc at all times...
I wonder how many argentines you know.
Most of us don't use filters, most of us don't buy water.

BASailor said:
I wonder how many argentines you know.
Most of us don't use filters, most of us don't buy water.

I'm interested in hearing why you believe most grocery stores stock up on 6 liter and smaller size bottles of water. And why filters are easy to buy?

Haha plenty of argentines buy water, just like plenty dont, I guess the same in every country. My Argentine girlfriend buys water!

sinagua980 said:
I'm interested in hearing why you believe most grocery stores stock up on 6 liter and smaller size bottles of water. And why filters are easy to buy?
But I'm not interested in disturb you with my arrogance, because you throw a stone (write a post) and then you edit it. Not my cup of tea.

Bajo_cero2 said:
There is only one. It is on Las Heras and Salguero, just in front of Parque Las Heras.

Regards

yes - this is the only one in BA. Interestingly, I started Bikram here 15 month ago. Today was my first day back at this studio after getting quite used to my bikram studio in NY. Obviously Bikram is pretty much the same in every Bikram studio in the world, but I forgot about some of the subtle differences, especially in instructor style.

I went to a 5pm class - not crowded at all. A New York 5PM class can be packed. If I remember correctly, the most crowded classes in BA are the Saturday and Sunday afternoon/early evening class. Few weekend classes = packed classes.

BASailor said:
I agree 100%.

And if you (all who complain always) could read some Spanish, you could take a look to Aysa's homepage, and you'll realize that they don't use chlorine so often, not even weekly, only when some conditions require it.

During summer time they use it because of the risk of Dengue.
Regards

A couple things.

A lot of the more hooty-tooty Argentines don´t drink cold water directly from the tap, but they do use it for tea, noodles, etc. Coke, sprite, pomelo, whatever, is probably worse for you than the general tap water here, just a heads up for all you fat people in your 40s and 50s (diet included). Again, depending on where you live, there is a different treatment center. The main treatment center (the big one) for the most part uses ozone except for special circumstances.

also, you need to check the tank in your apartment as well, as that could contribute to the mugre. There might be little filers under the faucets with junk (from the tank), which could contribute to lack of water pressure. If water pressure is a personal problem, you could install a pump, its not too expensive.

Also, try to pin point what exactly you are afraid of. Boiling water won´t help with the free chlorine and the filters won´t exactly help with the bichos.

And what is your reasoning for trusting the bottled water?

braytrain said:
Also, try to pin point what exactly you are afraid of. Boiling water won´t help with the free chlorine and the filters won´t exactly help with the bichos.

And what is your reasoning for trusting the bottled water?

I agree. Right.

Back