Buenos aires drinking water

the water quality is regarding how much nitrates and sodium it has.

Villa vicencio sparkling water is high in sodium. Sodium is the bad thing in salt.

Nitrates is regarding how much human biological waste the water is poluted with. As soon as we have low population density and the river plate comes from parana, the water is very clean.

We don t have too much industry, so the water is not poluted with heavy metals. I read in the NY Times that a high issue in the US is polution with metals from industry (60.000 different) and radioactivity as soon as there are a lot of atomic centrals and atomic war industry.

Eco de los andes is a high quality water while dasani is tap water with some minerals added.

The water in ba is super soft, it means almost nothing of calcium, magnesiun and carbonates. That s why it is tasteless.

If your friend had issue with gastroenteristis, it probably was he food instead of the water.
Regards

walkingtwig said:
from the personal experience of me and 2/3rds of my colleagues getting gastroenteritis not once but twice from tap water, I would say the quality is not that great. So much so that my boss fitted a hot and cold water dispenser so she didn't have to deal with so many staff off sick....I no longer drink tap water
See links above:
http://www.bu.edu/today/2011/bottled-vs-tap-which-tastes-better/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1572840/Tap-water-beats-bottles-in-taste-test.html

As mentioned above, far more likely to be from somewhere else. Have had no problems with BA tap water.

bomber said:
See links above:
http://www.bu.edu/today/2011/bottled-vs-tap-which-tastes-better/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1572840/Tap-water-beats-bottles-in-taste-test.html

As mentioned above, far more likely to be from somewhere else. Have had no problems with BA tap water.

just adding my 2 cents is all. As always personal experience will far outweigh a person's decision making than anything ese, and two trips to the hospital and far more to the bathroom is enough personal experience to make up my mind!!!!!!

After having had many discussions with friends, (some saying that we shouldn't use tap water and others who drank nothing else in their lives) we had our water tested.

result : It is perfect to drink.

That doesn't do anything to the taste of chlore though. Drinking it ice cold helps just a little bit, but we ended up installing a PSA filter, and are really happy with it.

Reactions: Hop
And filter gives peace of mind without creating heaps of land fill. :)

I have upto a 3 stage cleaning process for centro water:
1) PSA filter
2) leave it uncovered in the fridge overnight to let the chlorine evaporate
3) optionally fractional freeze it or evaporate&condense it in the sun. rarely do this but it can be useful for small amounts

PSA filters are less than $100 last time I looked

Thanks for these interesting posts. I was assured there is no fluoride in the water. Since I want to be able to think all my life I avoid fluoride (Hitler used it in his prison camps to keep prisoners docile--I don´t want to be docile!!!) I too smell the chlorine. I have a filter on my shower that filters that and I had a countertop distiller brought from the states. Not that I don´t trust the water. I just happen to have seen the river it comes out of! But of course it is no different from any large city. No criticism here, just measures to consume pure water.

The company I bought the filter from is an Argentina company. I am traveling but I will try to post the info when I return home. It seems very good. They also have a filter for drinking water but--as stated--I have a distiller.

arlean said:
I have a filter on my shower
Wow, that seems extreme?? I've showered around the world in some pretty off the grid places, and apart from making sure in some places I don't brush my teeth in there, have never had any issues. Seems a little paranoid to me personally. But just my view. :) (Sorry, seems some can be very sensitive around here I'm learning)

Back