Buenos aires drinking water

do they come and fix it on your tap? or you go and purchase it and fix it yrself?

how often do u replace the filters etc

Ceviche said:
do they come and fix it on your tap? or you go and purchase it and fix it yrself?

how often do u replace the filters etc

We got one that is put under the sink, they come and install it. The simplest models you can do it yourself I think.

Change filter every 3 months.

If you are going to drink something other than pure tap water, I certainly think a tap filter is far preferably to buying endless bottled water. Just check that the filter manufacturer is not creating more environmental issues in their manufacturing processes than the water bottler you're replacing them with.

bomber said:
If you are going to drink something other than pure tap water, I certainly think a tap filter is far preferably to buying endless bottled water. Just check that the filter manufacturer is not creating more environmental issues in their manufacturing processes than the water bottler you're replacing them with.

the filter is just a tiny little thing. nothing compered to the bottles you throw away each day...

Yes, I am sick of tired of the bottles, considering i drink about 3 litres a day

bomber said:
Wow, that seems extreme?? I've showered around the world in some pretty off the grid places, and apart from making sure in some places I don't brush my teeth in there, have never had any issues. Seems a little paranoid to me personally. But just my view. :) (Sorry, seems some can be very sensitive around here I'm learning)

I've been thinking about buying a filter for the shower. There is so much chlorine in the water recently that I smell like I just got out of the swimming pool. Not sure how much it would help, though.

Talk to your building administrator instead if you are an owner. There is not much chlorine in the water coming from the purification plant. It is mainly used in summer. It makes me think they are over chlorinating for s o m e reason in your building!
All the people who say they got sick from the water here may want to consider if they drank from the tap directly from the water supply of if they drank from a tank. I could not stand the chlorination when I lived in a multistorey building but it was ok in an individual house supply.

Back