Buenos Aires En Bici

Its a shame they can't do the bike hire thing properly. As it is, its so stupid as a tourist you have to present so much paperwork just hire the thing.
Can't they just do it properly like Paris, London, Barcelona... or would it be too much to ask?

I have recently been in London and intended to get a bicycle. It's not easy for tourists. Where did you get that from?

Someone posted this on a Facebook thread about cycling. It's in Utrecht, which really flat like Buenos Aires. However, it is tiny compared to Buenos Aires and the climate is drastically cooler. However, it is nice to see all of the bikes. I'm thinking that if you went from Scalabrini Ortiz to Parque Centenario to the bottom of Parque Lezama and included everything inside that stretch towards Puerto Madero/Retiro, you'd have Utrecht. (Though that's a complete guess just from my time taking a bike tour in Amsterdam... which is not Utrecht.

But this video makes me smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AbPav5E5M&feature=youtu.be

That vid is great, but i have to say Im kind of surprised almost nobody was wearing a helmet. I myself was pretty anti helmet -- didn't think I needed one, I'm a good rider, etc -- until I got hit by a car crossing the street when I had the crosswalk and cracked my head open. Since then, I've been trying to enjoy life a bit more, since I can't get the thought out of my head about what might have happened if I'd hit my head just a little bit harder, or in a slightly different spot.

Anyway, some scary stuff to think about, and I'm 100% pro-helmet now. Haven't decided if I'm going to try biking when I arrive, but based on the way I saw people drive on my first visit, I'm thinking I'm good with walking for now...but who knows

Back