Buenos Aires Foods Of Italian Origin

Hybrid Ambassador

Registered
I still remember those delicious Roman fried red rice Suppli.! Since Argentina has many Italian tradition does this food prevails there?

https://www.google.c...biw=985&bih=527

Or the ever filling and also delicious rectangular shaped Pizza al Taglio.?

https://www.google.c...m=isch&imgdii=_

Granita di Caffe.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Italian+food,+the+Suppli+pics&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=oWwHVM3FIYHViwL-24DoDg&ved=0CB8QsAQ&biw=985&bih=527#q=Granita+di+Caffe&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

Also miss those glamorous Frappuchino-esque, The Granita Di caffe, always after a good Roman meal
and that was back in the eighties! I expect to finding these Italian favourites when I arrive...

Save yourself a ticket to BA buy another ticket to Rome instead :D
Only Kentucky Pizza here by the slice BAD

Suppli/Arancini di Riso never heard about them here​

like Pizza by the Slice Al taglio, below in Rome No Way

Pizza_al_taglio.jpg

The closest to the Granita is Starbucks .
Granita di cafee

not a chance.... :D

l.jpg

OK, *kanemochi-san, ( aka Rich One ) got your message, but still wanting to hear from a couple Italianas interns of the forum

* Kanemochi=Mucho Dinero.!

Argentines make food that their grandmother told them was Italian.
But she left Italy before she was five.

NO, you will not find "real" italian food here.
You will find Argentine food, some of which is vaguely like some Italian food.

As in all things Argentine, if you come expecting the food to be Italian, or the city like Paris, or the language to be Spanish, you will be disapointed.

You must seek the Argentine, and appreciate it for its Argentine-ness.

There is plenty of great food to eat here- but its not like somewhere else.

I eat steak, and choripans, papas provencal, fugazetta, faina, pastas, pastries, tortas, gelato, and a lot of other things that can be very fine indeed.
And, these days, there are more and more internationally inspired argentine fusion restaurants.
But they are uniquely argentine.

... I expect to finding these Italian favourites when I arrive...

Don't assume that, because of Argentina's history (lots of Italians people migrated here), you will find great authentic food from there. Apart from a handful of good restaurants (less than in most other bigger cities around the globe), you mostly find poor versions of the "real dishes".

I don't reckon Italians knew that cattle could be eaten back in the day
The amount of meat my grandma would use just for the 'estofado'' to go with her ''tallarines''(home made cut by hand one by one) , could have fed an entire Italian village lol and this is a woman that came to find out Spanish was spoken in this country when she started school!!
So as Ries said,this is unique to here and I'm happy for it

you will find great authentic food from there

Define "authentic".
They don't even look the same, the names are misspelled at minimum, and there are even words used inappropriately (all those tomato sauces they have here...none of them exist in Italy)

If you read the beginning of my post, you will see that we agree on the topic ;)

Back