Buenos Aires - not for the faint hearted

Oh yes......already in the works.......here´s an update - today I got a call from the supervisor, Eugenía Gorriti, of the agency that handles habilitaciones, and they have requested my presence at a hearing to formally denounce what happened to me. She also apologized to me profusely and admitted that the whole episode was ENTIRELY their fault. I have very little faith in this government, but I am certainly going to attend the hearing.

Davidglen77 said:
Oh yes......already in the works.......here´s an update - today I got a call from the supervisor, Eugenía Gorriti, of the agency that handles habilitaciones, and they have requested my presence at a hearing to formally denounce what happened to me. She also apologized to me profusely and admitted that the whole episode was ENTIRELY their fault. I have very little faith in this government, but I am certainly going to attend the hearing.

Wow! Those two angels who helped you must have given someone an earful. Or maybe they know the lawsuit is coming and they're scrambling to cover their a**es and soften the blow.

Either way, good for you! Now it's their turn to sweat.

Davidglen77 said:
Keep us posted on the sequel.

While there are lots of creeps and clowns in the administration and elsewhere, there are also a large number of Argentinos who want to transform their country into a truly first world country. Sra. Gorriti seems to be one of them, given that she blamed the admin. and not just called you to the hearing. If that is correct she may be able to use this incidence as a lever to shake up the department.

Very glad to see that you came out victoriously, albeit with some unpleasant economical scratches - keep a stiff upper lip chico.

Yesterday afternoon, I closed my store to go out and do a few errands. I come back and there are like 5 pages of notifications from the same idiots who made me close down, all stuck to the front windows of my store with really thick and hard to remove glue. Why would these idiots from the Agencia Gubernamental de Control slip the papers under the door or stick them to the glass with scotch tape so they could be removed without having to rip them into a million pieces and remove the glue residue with paint thinner. Why use common sense?? Mother f***ers!!

Davidglen77 said:
Why would these idiots from the Agencia Gubernamental de Control slip the papers under the door or stick them to the glass with scotch tape so they could be removed without having to rip them into a million pieces and remove the glue residue with paint thinner. Why use common sense?? Mother f***ers!!
Actually, although I agree that they are rat bastards, if they attach it with scotch tape and/or slip the papers under the door, it is rather easy for them to be torn off by a passer-by and walked over and then swept out with the trash like any old pizza/empanada delivery flier. This way there is no question that the notices will be seen by the owner.

That being said, they shouldn't still be f'ing with you!

This is when a security camera recording which one of these bozos is doing this would be helpful.

Keep up the good fight!

Can anybody recommend a lawyer that would be interested in a civil case (me suing the government of the city of Buenos Aires) for damages? I have been dealing with one but he doesn´t return phone calls, or e-mails and I am just tired of having to chase after him. Please if you recommend someone you KNOW is reliable.
Thanks

Davidglen77 said:
Can anybody recommend a lawyer that would be interested in a civil case (me suing the government of the city of Buenos Aires) for damages? I have been dealing with one but he doesn´t return phone calls, or e-mails and I am just tired of having to chase after him. Please if you recommend someone you KNOW is reliable.
Thanks

I don´t know if this is related but someone mentioned to me that lawyers here do not work in January so that could be a reason that you are not getting a response.

Back