Buenos Aires telephone, wi-fi service

hankscott

Registered
Can any one refer me to an English-speaking techie who can help me navigate the telephone/wi-fi world in Buenos Aires ? I have an iPhone 14 Plus which has also a digital SIM card. I downloaded an Airalo app which is supposed to be allowing me to make calls overseas using my digital SIM card. I also have different cellular data and travel numbers on my phone. And an account with Movistar, which doesn’t seem to provide any service. I don’t under any of this. I was able to make a call to New York City on Monday to an office that doesn’t use WhatsApp. But that won’t work today.

Can any one refer me to an English-speaking techie who can help me navigate the telephone/wi-fi world in Buenos Aires ? I have an iPhone 14 Plus which has also a digital SIM card. I downloaded an Airalo app which is supposed to be allowing me to make calls overseas using my digital SIM card. I also have different cellular data and travel numbers on my phone. And an account with Movistar, which doesn’t seem to provide any service. I don’t under any of this. I was able to make a call to New York City on Monday to an office that doesn’t use WhatsApp. But that won’t work today.
Skype would work....I've used it from here on my wifi with success...a pretty simple solution...!

I downloaded an Airalo app which is supposed to be allowing me to make calls overseas using my digital SIM card.
I think Airalo eSim only allows you to use mobile internet in places you travel to. No phone minutes are actually included.

What's a "digital SIM"? Is it an eSIM? From which operator?

As Neil says, Skype works fine to call actual phone numbers from WiFi, Skype to Skype is free, Skype to an actual phone number needs Skype credit.

Not sure about an English speaking tech contact but you should be able to Google that easy enough. Lots of different options to make phone calls to USA numbers including Skype (you can actually buy a USA #), Google Voice, or a few others.

I have a Skype USA cellphone # that I bought and use it all over the world and never had issues. Even incoming SMS texts come through which is helpful for banking or 2FA texts that must validate. Try Skype.

Google Voice works fine as well. Even with toll-free numbers.

Not sure about an English speaking tech contact but you should be able to Google that easy enough. Lots of different options to make phone calls to USA numbers including Skype (you can actually buy a USA #), Google Voice, or a few others.

I have a Skype USA cellphone # that I bought and use it all over the world and never had issues. Even incoming SMS texts come through which is helpful for banking or 2FA texts that must validate. Try Skype.
It has been mentioned on this Forum that US Skype numbers are not accepted by some US banks. What banks have you worked with ? Bank of America. Thanks

It has been mentioned on this Forum that US Skype numbers are not accepted by some US banks. What banks have you worked with ? Bank of America. Thanks
I've used it with Charles Schwab, Capital One, and Wells Fargo without any issues.

Back