Buquebus Tips

Fiscal

Registered
How many hours in advance do I need to arrive? Are there baggage limitations? Is first class worth it?

I took the Buquebus last month, though the Montevideo to Buenos Aires route via Colonia.

I’d recommend arriving at least 2 hours early. I had a large suitcase, a large rucksack, and a medium backpack and nothing was said to me about it being too much luggage. I didn’t see the first class area but I doubt it’s worth it, the standard seats were comfortable enough for me, even with following 15 hours of travel from Europe

Sorry, just realised I took Colonia, not Buquebus. I hope my feedback can be helpful in any case

Wow, two hours in advance!! Is it any faster than just flying to Montevideo?

Wow, two hours in advance!! Is it any faster than just flying to Montevideo?
I probably err a little too much on the cautious side. I read reviews that the Montevideo to Colonia bus can leave as much as an hour early so I didn’t want to take any chances.

It wouldnt have been faster to fly for me based on timings (I think there’s only two flights a day, one in the morning and one in the evening), but it was also over £100 more to fly and I also didn’t want to chance a connecting flight with a different airline. Also, I wanted to at least see a new country from the ground which was nice

How many hours in advance do I need to arrive? Are there baggage limitations? Is first class worth it?
I took Buquebus to go to Montevideo last July. I went there one hour before and was enough, even though it took a long time to go through immigration, so I would suggest adding another 30 minutes, just to be sure.
I did not have a lot of luggage, but saw many people with plenty of it and it appeared it was not a problem for them.
I agree with Jtee125 that probably first class is not worth it, considering that the trip is less than two hours.

Buquebus say to arrive 2 hours in advance on the ticket, but unless it's a peak travel time I'd say it's not necessary. 1 hour should generally be enough, they start boarding about 30 mins before departure. Business class seemed a good upgrade from the normal tourist class, which is generally more crowded. You have to walk through the business class lounge to get to the first class one.

I'm not sure about baggage limitations, it's probably on the ticket as well. Bringing a car you don't have to worry about that.

Officialy buquebus allows 2 small carry on bags and 1 20kg suitcase, but in practice they seem to be very lax with this

Did people buy tickets on buequebus.com? Because my "etickets" don't show up on my account. Though I downloaded a PDF print out of it.

Did people buy tickets on buequebus.com? Because my "etickets" don't show up on my account. Though I downloaded a PDF print out of it.
Yes, twice in the past 6 weeks or so. I didn't see anything about etickets, just downloaded the PDF. At the check-in they'll just ask for your travel document anyway (the one you specified when making the booking) to find your reservation in the system.

Hi,

Can anyone answer my doubts please for buquebus between Buenos Aires and Colonia

1. Do you really have to reach 2 hours before departure time?

Any recent experience?

2. Whats the difference between Colonia Express and buquebus

3 how punctual are the ferries?

4 . Best website to buy tickets

Thanks

Back