Bus Companies

prettejohn

Registered
We're heading to Mar del los Pampas at the end of January and taking the bus from Retiro. We're 2 adults and 2 children.

I've looked online and there seem to be lots of options with regard to times and bus companies. Which is the best bus website to use?

Should i book online or turn up and go? Also are there any bus companies to avoid?

Would love to take the train but...

Thank you for your advice!

We go every year to Pinamar on Plusmar, and now it's the only bus compàny we will use. The drivers are really safe, they usually run on time, and they are comfortable and clean. Just make sure you get a direct bus from Retiro (you will likely have to stop in Villa Gesell), and try to get a seat upstairs near the front. The suite buses are only a little more expensive than the basic coche cama and you get a seat that goes almost flat. Your kids will love the view from the very front row. Have fun.

I really like Tony Tur..the buses seem to be nice... but really to be honest most of them are all the same are so close to being similar.... just find the time you like and go..

http://www.plataforma10.com

or search the line you want

Great advice. Many thanks mmoon and argsteve. Will head down and buy some tickets before the trip at the station itself.
Happy holidays!

Actually I love buying them on Plataforma10.com so I don't have to go to sketchy Retiro bus station more than once... but I have the benefit of using Argy boy's credit card so I don't have to pay official rate. Also you can pick your seat there and see what's available. Or get an idea of the bus companies that do that route and book it directly on the bus company's website (I dare say that if they don't have it up and running to sell tickets directly on their website you probably don't wanna ride with them)

For 4 people I wonder if it might be more economical and less headache to take a combi. My mother-in-law uses it when either taking her pet or one of her grandkids, door-to-door service (*though I think it may be door to limited drop off zones service) -- have a look and the price may be worth it, not sure:

http://www.combisalacosta.com.ar/

Also Mar de las pampas you actually go to Gesell and then take a cab. Looks like the combi is 380 per person, but it goes direct to las Pampas. You'll pay less on the micro even with cabs on either end of the trip I'm sure, but with luggage etc it may be more convenient, thougt the difference looks like 130 more per person = 520 pesos more expensive on the combi vs micro (micro seats approx 250 per person, sheesh I remember when you could go to Mendoza in the luxury suite seats for 130 pesos!) , but with micro you have 2x cabs to/from Retiro and I don't know how much the cab would cost to and from Gesell, it's 20 mins -- you'd have to see if you could find out.

Thanks for the Combi tip! Tried to get one but there are none available when we need them. Should have got our skates on earlier I guess. Let's hope there are still bus tickets available...

We go every year to Pinamar on Plusmar, and now it's the only bus compàny we will use. The drivers are really safe, they usually run on time, and they are comfortable and clean. Just make sure you get a direct bus from Retiro (you will likely have to stop in Villa Gesell), and try to get a seat upstairs near the front. The suite buses are only a little more expensive than the basic coche cama and you get a seat that goes almost flat. Your kids will love the view from the very front row. Have fun.

How does buying on line work? You print tge ticket?

Back