Bus Robbery

Why is it that when someone posts an article of a crime that all of the douche bags appear out of the woodworks screaming "by god, don't ever defend yourself!" WTF is wrong with you people? Maybe it explains why for so many years and current, I keep hearing of "machismo" in Argentina. Are you kidding me???, granted, I am former SOF and male, but most guys look and act like fairies in BsAs. Hey, whatever rocks your boat. But I have never considered the locals as "manly" in any f'n way!

As far as protection, I have always believed that I do not need a privilege handed down by government nor society to protect what is mine. I, do that.

To fight weapons proliferation with more weapons. Interesting indeed.

The key is at the very least a strict control & regulation (in Switzerland for instance, many of the reservists have an auto/semi-auto (?) rifle at home).

Would you sell a rifle and a few thousand bullets to this guy?
Colorado%20Movie%20Massace_Ja%201.jpg

Be conservative, don't be liberal, and ask for some regulation!

the swiss reservists are not allowed to unpack the ammunition that they store at home. Swiss government guns are kept in the home, yes- but its against the rules to keep them LOADED, transport them loaded, or use any of your government issue ammo for anything not government endorsed.
hence, they have ZERO effect on preventing crime or protecting homes.

Not my post. The OP said it was near Caseros and Entre Rios or close to Pque Patricios (10 blocks from there). I visit the area often and I briefly lived nearby for a couple of months. I would not stick my head out of the apartment past sunset. No, sir. Early in the morning it's definitely mostly workers in transit.

You are lying mate, sorry, my girlfriend (who's German and really stand's out) takes the dogs out every single night at 1 or 2 am around the Park and never happend anything, in fact i would say that RIGHT NOW, the technological distric is one of the safest in the city.

You are lying mate, sorry, my girlfriend (who's German and really stand's out) takes the dogs out every single night at 1 or 2 am around the Park and never happend anything, in fact i would say that RIGHT NOW, the technological distric is one of the safest in the city.
Well i don't think that parque patricio is not even near to be one of the safest lol, i'm mainly at day there but at night i will probably go around more aware than how i do in any of the north capital neighborhoods. Still i'm not so afraid of this city as lot of people apear to be, but don't think neither that the tech distric is that safe of a place at night at least

I am so sorry to hear about this! And i hope your brother-in-law is able to find another way to get to work if he isn't suffering from PTSD?! I couldn't find anything about this on the news outlets either.
My husband witnessed a woman get robbed on his bus in Recoleta. The thief reached into the bus' window and stole her phone. I know this is not new, but from my husbands experience he said that the crime here is def getting worse. He has also had people try to rob him while waiting for the bus here in Caballito. We have two dogs in our apartment and night security but to be honest, I don't know how much longer I want to stay here. I am pregnant now and am thinking, if the economic situation is only getting worse and crime has become more prevelant, why are we (my family) staying? (sorry, needed to vent)

Thanks everyone for the interesting posts !! Lot's of good idea's and opinions. I will not weigh in on particular views , but for me ,I will defend myself and my family with due force.

Guns don't kill people , people kill people.
Forks make people fat.
Pencils misspell words.
Cars crash on their own.

I really was surprised that nothing showed up on any news outlets myself. I haven't talked to the B-I-L since it happened - I wanted to question him more closely (or have my wife do it) but life goes on and he's busy working.

He's mostly recovered from what my wife says - he's 20, a bit naive, and while freaked out by what he saw he's also youthfully-immortal so it's pretty easy to get over something like that. He's really pissed off about his phone though! He bought a nice phone via payments through my wife's bank account and now he has to make the payments on thin air. However, Personal blocked the chip and the phone itself so it apparently can't be used again (don't know much about that).

On another note, and on the chance of reducing my credibility by spouting what would seem to many, maybe, as unsubstantiated stories (this will make two in three days now, and I don't think this one will make any news):

I went out to McDonald's tonight to get a couple of burgers. The wife is out with friends, the cousin was at school and the sister-in-law is getting ready for a graduation party - I didn't feel like cooking.

I walked out of my apartment and up the street, started walking across Plaza San Martin, when I see the cousin coming toward me from the other side of the Plaza, waving. I think she's saying hello, a "well met!" so I wave back. She starts beckoning to me and hurries towards me, and then I can see there's something wrong. She was crying and obviously distraught.

She was coming home from school tonight (she's studying to be a psychiatric therapist and is at the end of her third year). She had a bus transfer a block or so away from Pelegrini and 25 de Mayo. As she's walking to get to the stop for her next bus, she notices three guys in front of a pizza shop. Two about 18-20 and one around 10-12. The young one is eating a pizza.

As she nears them, the three stand up and move towards her. She's immediately suspicious and looks around for help, but the only place apparently that's open or with people obviously around is the pizza shop. The two older boys move towards her, but the young one runs up and grabs her purse and starts yanking on it.

She starts hollering for help, wrenches her purse from the kid and hits him with it (YOU GO GIRL!). The other two must have been taken by surprise because it takes a moment for them to react. In that moment, she runs into the pizza shop. Inside were the workers (a guy behind the counter, a woman at a register and a cook in the back). There are a few customers in the store. As she enters, two more guys sitting at the table stand up and start moving towards her. The others that were outside are now standing in the door. Turns out the two that rose up at the table are compatriots of the three outside and they begin to shout at her, tell her to give up the purse.

At that moment, another guy sitting alone, somewhere in his thirties, stands up and asks what the problem is. He's Spanish she says, from his accent. She asks for help and says the kids are trying to steal her purse. The Spaniard moves over to her to protect her. The kids are still standing in the doorway and the two inside tell the Spaniard to leave off and let them have the purse.

At this point, another lone customer stands up. He's black, and pretty big. Probably Nigerian she thought, again from his accent. He asks what's going on and starts moving towards the table where the two accomplices inside the restaurant are.

At this point, our cousin is freaking out. She sees a 5 on 2 situation developing with her in the middle. The workers in the restaurant are just sitting there watching it all go down, not moving to help or even saying anything.

The black guy and the Spaniard move to protect the cousin. The others are just watching to see how far they're going to go. The cousin asks the two knights in shining armor if they would accompany her out and help her get a cab. She's obviously freaked out - she can't stay in the restaurant and if she leaves the would-be thieves are just going to follow her and at least rob her.

They do accompany her out. There is shouting and an exchange of insults between the scumbags and the rescuers. They're threatening the guys and the cousin with serious bodily harm, but they don't move to actually do anything (like most lowlifes, they are pussies and only attack when they have a clear advantage, like 5 guys on one girl!). They manage to get her outside and get her a cab.

She's ok now, a bit shaken up, but not too the worse for wear. She said she took the bus through that route because with the subway she had to make a couple of combinations and it was a pain in the ass. She's going to take the pain from now on, instead of the easy way.

She told me the area is starting to have a lot of creeps hang out around there. I used to go to a restaurant near there (Palacio Español) but it's been some years since I frequented the place. At that time I don't ever remember it being an unsafe area. But I've had no reason to be around there recently, so I guess it's changed, or I just didn't realize it was a bad area back then.

Anyway, here we go. The worst the cousin has had happen to her so far in her four years here was a stolen cellphone on a bus. I'm still incident-free...but thank god my desk's all wood! I think the sister-in-law just thought there was a wood pecker in the apartment :D

you, sir. are clearly an idiot.

Did you actually reread what dribble you posted prior to learning that there was a "post" button? WTF do you actually know about guns and or ammo??? I add more than an assumption, absolutely nothing!, you ignorant twat!

Sorry to hear those anger management classes aren't working out for you.

Back