Bus to EZE

therealsupa

Registered
Looking to take the 86 bus from Av De Mayo tomorrow morning.. to EZE to meet my mother when she arrives. I've heard it takes a few hours, but it's also a good way to see the city. Do you guys recommend this (safety wise - female alone)? Or just deal with the hefty cab fare? thanks :)

You'll be waiting a l o o o o o o n g time for an 86. It's a number 8 now. And make sure it has Aeropuerto on the front.

For sure it takes about 2 hours - maybe a little more. But I've taken it many times and it's fine. If you are going to meet someone and you have no luggage - it's perfect.

Its safe I wouldn't worry about that. But its looooooongg. I'd just call a cab for your mom.

I met one friend at the airport taking the bus, never again. 2 hours or so. Oh and yeah, its the 8 not 86

i take Manuel Tienda Leon buses, they go from Plaza San Martin to Aeropuerto Ezeiza. It takes 45 minutes and it costs $45. Check out their website for infomation on times of departure. They also have a 0-800 phone number to provide information.

I am coming down to BA at the end of the month. Are you saying that for $50 MTL will deliver you from the airport to my rental apartment in San Telmo?

hey everyone, thanks for all the advice. Quickly discovered when i got there that the 86 was now the 8 (there's a sign, how nice)... the ride was fine, about 1.45mins, so not too bad....a scenic journey. Took a cab back into the city. Would recommend it too people who are just going out to the airport to meet someone, but probably wouldn't do it with bags etc.

Manuel Tienda Leon has an English version of its website and when you call, they have an option to speak in English. They are very reliable. If you are coming from overseas, there is a kiosk on the left side right passing after the immigration doors, next to other remise companies. MTL charges in advance and gives you a receipt, you can pay in dollars. I think the shuttle will take you to your place in San Telmo. You can contact MTL in advance to comfirm this. Good luck

Back