Bus Help From Ezeiza To Salta 600S

ajp529

Registered
Hey you bus experts,

We will be arriving in Buenos Aires next Friday morning and plan on taking linea 8 into town. There will be 5 adults and about 7 high schoolers. We have more time than money hence choosing the bus, also I want to jump into the culture as soon as we arrive. So the hostel we are staying at is at Salta entre av Belgrano y Independencia a los 600. What stop should we get off at once we are in the city? Will we need to take a second bus to the hostel or could we walk?

Gracias!

According to http://mapa.buenosaires.gob.ar/ the 8 bus will get you to Salta and Belgrano.
So you can locate it easily, Salta is the street before Av. 9 de Julio on the Uptown side of the City and the bus will likely stop at 9 de Julio before crossing it and once again on the other side.

If you keep an eye on the street buildings numbering, Av. 9 de Julio is the 1000 and you want to get down between 1100 and 1200 if possible. Hoping I make myself clear.

The city has one main axis that is Av. Rivadavia. The same street will have a different name on one side or the other of Av. Rivadavia. Also the numbers start from 0 to x on each side. Salta @ 600 is 6 blocks from Av. Rivadavia.
The other axis is slightly more complicated and is located downtown, starting at the whereabouts of the old city, where the Casa Rosada stands. The further you get from Paseo Colón the higher the building numbers. Av. 9 de Julio is more or less 10 blocks from it, hence the 1000 numbering.

I'd strongly advise you to use Manuel Tienda Leon instead of the regular bus service. As you can read in the following topic (http://baexpats.org/topic/24695-linea-8-to-ezeiza/) using linea 8 is certainly a reasonable option to get to the airport or the other way around, in case you actually know what you are doing. So, if I were 12 foreign tourists with suitcases, who are presumably first-timers, I would be very careful as far as security is concerned. The regular bus definitely visits unsafe areas on its way to the city center, and a bus full of people with expensive posessions will certainly be noticed by the kind of people you don't want to come accross. Never safe money on these elemental things, because you may end up much worse.

I would definitely agree to the above posting yet you need to think about costs too. Manuel tiendas will bring you close to Retiro Station. to me this really means you will need to take a bus to get to your final destination. Unless the person above knows Manuel's routing and if indeed that bus would drop you at the location. I know Manuel would offer transportation to the location if it is indeed within their general drop areas by using vans or taxis once you arrive at their station in Retiro. Perhaps others on this site can advise you more clearly as they have lived here longer than myself.

If you're travelling with so many people, taxis will be relatively cheap.

Ending up around Retiro station with a lot of bags is also a little dicey. Second the idea about the taxi, you can probably order a van in advance that could save you a lot of grief.

Get a van that wiil accomodate the 12 of you. Retiro area (MTL Terminus , train and bus stations) is not the place to be with such large group of "marks" just fresh from Ezeiza.

Another thing:if you are carrying suitcases the bus driver may not let you in on board.
Also, you will have to pay with local coins only, unless you can obtain a SUBE card.
Good luck

Yea, the #8 bus driver will definately not let 12 people with suitcases on -

I would advise again against Manuel Tienda Leon, and say either - Split up between 3 or 4 taxis, you can get Taxi Ezeiza to get larger models, at the same cost. The safety is worth the cost, because taking the number 8 bus, for probably around 3 hours (assuming you will arrive on Friday during the day) standing up, is not a great idea for "immersion".

Another option, that is less "tourist" than Manual Tienda Leon is to grab a charter into town from the airport - the one that pops into my mind is Mini Bus Ezeiza - a company serving mostly the people working at customs. They leave from Ezeiza to Downtown, corner of Belgrano & Alem (about 2/3 blocks from your hostel) every 30 minutes during the business day. Prices depend on the quantity of luggage you have, but goes from $25 to $75 per person. I am sure if you called, you could also arrange a private shuttle and reduced rate for your group. http://www.minibusez...e-pasajeros.php

If you need any additional help, let me know.

Back