Bus/train Tickets W/ Expired Passport

sheawj

Registered
Ok:
So there is a group of us going to Tandil (and after, Necochea) on the 18th.
The problem is that one person in our group has an expired U.S. Passport.
I know we need to present passports when we buy the tickets, but I wonder if having a barely-expired passport will be that big of a deal...or even noticed.
If it's a situation where they are not able to get a ticket in person because of the date, another option is getting tickets online. For that, only a passport number is needed when filling out the info. on the computer, but do we need to present passports again when we board the bus/train? And again, does anyone even care at that point if the passport is expired?

Anyone else have to do this? Is this just not a big deal, or what?

Do not think it's a big deal, can't see why? The companies are not there to enforce immigration policies.

Several times on this trip I have bought a ticket and the cashier has confused a visa page as my passport details and they've used an arbitrary visa number as my passport #.
I doubt anyone would notice.

Just show them some document with a number on it and your name.or anyone else's name and that will do - or just a photocopy of the identification page from your passport so long as there is a number to quote

Or Membership of the Mickey Mouse Club made out to S B Squarepants plus a nice long number

Asking for DNI is a ritual fetish here.

No DNI thows up a problem for them - not for you so you show your passport or anything else with a number on it.

They are happy 'cos there is now a number to put in the box on their form.

Finish End of

We went to Iguazu at Christmas by bus on expired visas and had no issues buying tickets or getting on the bus. I don't think we even had to show our passports to get on the bus. Won't be an issue.

Our buss get stoped coming back from Iguazu with a German friend of mine 3 months ago, the police was asking for passport and documents and they stop 3 paraguayans and they pay special attention to my friend passport page by page and ask her some questions (she had all in rules), i was making jokes about it, telling her that she look suspicius but i never knew what was all that about, but aparently there are inmigration patrols when you are comming from the north. In the south of the country that never ever happen. Anyway i don't think they make problem for some days of delay in the renew.

Back