Business Class To/from Buenos Aires For $1881

Sleuth

Registered
US Airways is offering a 100% bonus on purchased miles until August 31, 2013. This will get you 100,000 miles for $1881 which is enough for a low-mileage business class ticket to BA. I've got a complete write up on my blog at http://www.discoverbuenosaires.com/business-class-buenos-aires-flight-deal.

Also, as these miles will convert to American Airlines miles when the merger is completed next year, it may be a good way to add to your AA balance as well.

US Airways is offering a 100% bonus on purchased miles until August 31, 2013. This will get you 100,000 miles for $1881 which is enough for a low-mileage business class ticket to BA. I've got a complete write up on my blog at http://www.discoverb...es-flight-deal.

Also, as these miles will convert to American Airlines miles when the merger is completed next year, it may be a good way to add to your AA balance as well.
My wish is that THEY would dump all of these frequent flyer programs because they are no longer worth the loyalty. They treat you like shit, they change the rules frequently and they make seats disappear when you want them. FYI as it relates to United. I just wrote them a flaming nasty gram . UNITED merged with Continental. I had "Forever" miles on Conti and United turned them into expired miles in no time flat. So........fuck the Airlines. Oh yeah and as a note of disclosure, I am a Lifetime Member Of the Admirals Club so no matter who I fly I'm in the AA lounge especially at EZE.

I've gotten most of my miles and points through credit card signup offers or deals like this one. It helps to have some flexibility, but in the past two years I've booked five business class tickets for less than what coach would have cost me.

I do agree that there is little reason for loyalty unless you fly a lot and want to get status with a particular airline. I have the Amex Platinum card which gets me access to most airline lounges as well, plus $200 back for airline incidentals and free global entry. For me it pays for itself...

plus $200 back for airline incidentals and free global entry. For me it pays for itself...

The Global Entry program is worth the money. After waiting an hour and a half at FLL when I flew in from BOG (and almost missing my flight) and then JFK after I flew in from SVO (took an hour) I decided to join, and now I just scan my passport, fingerprints and boom, less than 3 mins I'm done.

It also works at Canadian/US Pre-Clearance for US Bound Flights. Ireland and the Caribbean too I think.

I've gotten most of my miles and points through credit card signup offers or deals like this one. It helps to have some flexibility, but in the past two years I've booked five business class tickets for less than what coach would have cost me.

I do agree that there is little reason for loyalty unless you fly a lot and want to get status with a particular airline. I have the Amex Platinum card which gets me access to most airline lounges as well, plus $200 back for airline incidentals and free global entry. For me it pays for itself...
Hello Sleuth-san, Gasp, I never knew that by possesing American Platinum card then its holder is entitled to be admitted to the flying airlines lounges! If I ever knew about these perks, I have wasted so many opportunities to have enjoyed the lounges in the last 10 international flights!!

Hello Sleuth-san, Gasp, I never knew that by possesing American Platinum card then its holder is entitled to be admitted to the flying airlines lounges! If I ever knew about these perks, I have wasted so many opportunities to have enjoyed the lounges in the last 10 international flights!!

Yeah, it's one of the perks of the card - http://mccomb.me/16xQQwq . At EZE there's also an Amex branded lounge you can use and separate rooms for regular members, Platinum and Centurion/Black. With the card you also can signup for free to Priority Pass Select which gets you into over 600 lounges.

The $200 back on airline spending is great too. You have to pick one airline and then if you get charged excess baggage, meals, drinks, etc. you'll get refunded up to $200 per year. Reports are that it also works when buying airline gift cards, so if you have not used it by December, just buy some gift cards.

So if you use the benefits, the annual fee is not really much: free Golbal Entry, $200 in rebates, free Starwood Gold status, and lounge access.

Yeah, it's one of the perks of the card - http://mccomb.me/16xQQwq . At EZE there's also an Amex branded lounge you can use and separate rooms for regular members, Platinum and Centurion/Black. With the card you also can signup for free to Priority Pass Select which gets you into over 600 lounges.

The $200 back on airline spending is great too. You have to pick one airline and then if you get charged excess baggage, meals, drinks, etc. you'll get refunded up to $200 per year. Reports are that it also works when buying airline gift cards, so if you have not used it by December, just buy some gift cards.

So if you use the benefits, the annual fee is not really much: free Golbal Entry, $200 in rebates, free Starwood Gold status, and lounge access.
OK,Domo-Arigatou-Gozaimasu_ your advise info well taken.! But in order to enjoy the perks by having the Platinum Amex card, do you have to purchase the air tickets with the Amex cards? I for the moment have been using the LAN visa cards to accumulate the air miles..And have used in the past for its alliance air lines, such as the Japanese air carriers/Lan chile etc..

Hi Dave, Just want to say that I agree with NickF. Checked your web site and I really like it. Good job!

Back