Opening a hostel rental business

Neirobiologist

Registered
hello, dear Expats. What do you know about reglaments, rules, government requirements for starting a hostel business in Argentina? Are there some strict rules and where I can find this information, please if somebody knows? Maybe here we have some expat who is already had this kind of experience of daily hostel rental? I have some experience in other countries. Now I want to start a new hostel with daily rent in Argentina. Let us discuss this business and exchange ideas? Thank you

There were some kiwis running hostel 41 below in bariloche. Think it's out of business but you could track them down.

there was an epic thread on here from years back about an expat who ran a business here. the saga they went through was a quilombo, so much so they abandoned it and moved away.

good luck

there was an epic thread on here from years back about an expat who ran a business here. the saga they went through was a quilombo, so much so they abandoned it and moved away.

good luck
Was this the person who refused to pay the bribes to the Itty Bitty Titty Committee and they tried to close them down? I think I remember reading something about someone fighting with the municipality over something trivial like this.

this thread is not about REnting business, but it was about RAnting on empty talks))))) so this was not about renting or hostel business))) So i am still searching someone with this experiencia of negocio type as hostel or small hotel ) looking for rules and hidden problems in this rental business

the point is, running a business in argentina introduces these "hidden problems". it won't matter if it is a hostel or a pub or a kiosco. i've not seen any discussion here in recent years from anyone specifically running a hostel.

this thread is not about REnting business, but it was about RAnting on empty talks))))) so this was not about renting or hostel business))) So i am still searching someone with this experiencia of negocio type as hostel or small hotel ) looking for rules and hidden problems in this rental business
I didn't intend to "quote" the entire thread...just the post (30) by David.

Anyone in a business of dealing directly with customers (aka the public) in Argentina is likely tpo have similar experiencse on a daily (if not hourly) basis.

I sincerey doubt that anyone curently active or followiing this forum has had any experince in the hostel or small hotel business in Argentina. If they have, I don't think I've ever read a post that included any information about their experiences along that line.

I predict that anyone who goes into the hostel or small hotel business in the near future will soon be the ones who will also be aratnting and raving.

During the first (covid) lockdowns, I saw a listing for a small hotel in Sierras de las Ventanas.

I don't know when or if it sold, but the price was very low in my opinion, undoubtedly reflecting the desperate (if not hopless) situation of the oowner.

I can imagine how the owners felt as their business was crushed and their assets were demolished.

The next lockdowns probably won't be due to a contagious virus.

They will be due to "climate change" and one of (if not the "best") way to combat climate change is (already) to drastically limit travel (especially for the "selfish" purpose of tourism, especially international tourism.

And there will still be the possibility of a new virus whichh will require a new vax,,,and, quite likey, another lockdown...

PS; During a "grand solar minimum" (which happens about every 200 years and is now just starting), the chance of a "climate catestrophy" is greatly increased and will provide a greater reason than ever to restrict travel.

Last edited:
Back