Buying A Bike?

I thought I'd mention a couple of other little things about bike riding. I personally love it. I don't even use the colectivo anymore except for late at night. It's saved me some time and money in the long run. I can get across the centro in 30 min, and across Captial in about an hour. I have often met up with friends somewhere, leaving from the same spot and meeting up at the same spot. Me on the bike and them on the colectivo. Often times I arrived sooner because I didn't have to wait around for the bus to come.

However there a few small considerations. On the whole the centro has a decent lay out of bike lanes, bicisendas. At times they are quite useful in that they offer some protection from crazy drivers. However, I still tend to be careful with these because motorbike riders often use them, and pedestrians will cross into them without looking. This is especially the case where the sidewalks are narrow or packed, like near once. You can get a bike lane map where they have the EcoBici kiosks. Here is a link to the bici programs from the Ciudad de Buenos Aires: http://ecobici.buenosaires.gob.ar/

Good luck!

Star Bicycles is located on Ugarte in Olivos. They have simple bikes that they assemble with what parts they can get with all the import restrictions.

Also , on Libetador in La Lucilla is a Bicycle store that sells Giant brand bicycles which are made in China , but not bad quality.

Either store can fit you and get you in what you need.

Personally , I brought bikes down from the US.

Back