Buying a car as an expat

I bought a used VW Gol many years ago from a big dealer VW dealer Dietrich, they did all the work for registration, verifying fines, mileage, transfer of title, and cuil registration. Just deposited cash pesos in Dietrich's local bank account. The car was under warranty for 6 months. For a newcomer with limited Spanish I don't recommend buying from private party.

I second this. Dietrich is a reputable dealer.

I bought a used VW Gol many years ago from a big dealer VW dealer Dietrich, they did all the work for registration, verifying fines, mileage, transfer of title, and cuil registration. Just deposited cash pesos in Dietrich's local bank account. The car was under warranty for 6 months. For a newcomer with limited Spanish I don't recommend buying from private party.

This is great, thanks! Did they help with insurance?

This is great, thanks! Did they help with insurance?

Dietrich had an insurance policy for 3 months after sale.
I didn't have a DNI then. Some insurance companies require DNI to sell a policy, Zurich sold me a policy without DNI payable with CC.
La Caja insurance very good, but needs DNI.

Dietrich had an insurance policy for 3 months after sale.
I didn't have a DNI then. Some insurance companies require DNI to sell a policy, Zurich sold me a policy without DNI payable with CC.
La Caja insurance very good, but needs DNI.
Another question, sorry: how were you able to buy the car without a DNI? Today ACA told me I need a DNI. Thanks

Back