Buying a Car

elhombresinnombre said:
Okay puh-leeze tell me I've picked up the wrong end of the stick here but this is making me very nervous indeed. All the posts, from the original question onwards had lead me to believe that the OP was a tourist just looking for a holiday motor. Then I read the OP's supplimentary question (above) 'I am looking for something with many seats as I run a tour and transfer business here?'

I'm guessing if the OP only has a tourist visa and doesn't know what a CDI is that the business isn't registered or recognised in Argentina in which case I would expect any insurance company to declare any policy void at the first hint of a claim. Not too much of an issue for an English teacher 'en negro' who is unlikely to to cause much damage by conjugating a verb incorrectly but if a 16-wheeler totals the OP's vehicle with a full load of passengers aboard, who is going to settle the multi-million dollar suit?

I'm not picking on you in particular OP. Over the years I've been concerned about the people who want to offer medical services and travel services and the like who are probably more-than qualified to do so in their own country but lack recognition and registration in Argentina and so could lead their clients and themselves into deep sh*t.

i am actually going into partnership with an established, legitimate argentine business. i am doing my own research, hence the questions. i dont know why people in this forum are so quick to jump to conclusions and put their uninformed 2 cents worth in, where it is not needed nor wanted! a complete diversion to my question. thanks to those that have helped me, and answered my questions, it is greatly appreciated!

Back