Buying a new kitchen

Matt123

Registered
Hi, just a quick post to see if anyone knows a good place in Buenos Aires to buy a new kitchen (cupboards & worktop, etc)? In fact we also need to buy cooker & fridge too.

Apart from the usual suspects like Easy, Sodimac, etc. Anyone know of any big shops with clearance sales, or factories selling direct to the trade, etc.

Want something cheap, but good quality and with a bit of style.

On Av. Juan Bautista Alberdi in Floresta from about 3300 to 4000 you will find about 8 blocks full of shops selling all of this from direct-from-factory to the better-known names (Blaisten, etc). I wish I could recommend the place that did our cabinets and marble, but alas, the service was awful.

San Juan & Boedo has Rodo and others for Fridge, etc. BIG stores there.

BUT, I bought my fridge at Ribeiro after checking first with Fravega and Garbarino @ Caballito. Those three are all walking distance from one another., in a one block radius.

Mataderos is well known as outlets and second choices.

Thanks...

Anything in Zona Norte, San Isidro, Tigre, Pilar, that end of Buenos Aires would be better.

Hi Matt,

I recently moved flats I had to purchase everything other than the kitchen fixtures and found that most of the decent stuff is custom made and only slightly more expensive than the pre-made poor quality stuff sold in the likes of Easy/Sodimac.

I would recommend visiting the many small factories/joiners that are located in Tigre and along the Pan-Americana at about the 43km going towards Pilar. They can put together just about anything for you from a simple photo. While I didn’t personally require Kitchen cabinets ect, they made some fantastic cabinets and tables. Their price vs quality was very good and as mentioned, completely customisable. I cannot remember half the places I visited but a simple day trip to either place should give you many options to choose from and many of the places also have mercadolibre shops where they sell their goods.

Regarding white ware, I purchased my fridge from the Las Malvinas chain and was able to get a Electrolux model that was made outside of Argentina. Sure it cost a bit more but the quality was far better than the likes of Mabe or Patrick ect.

Sorry that I cannot provide more specifics but I hope this helps.

I have an excellent carpenter who did my kitchen. He is great. But expensive. You get what you pay for. PM me if you want his contact info. For other items Iznogud and Allcraz has good ideas. If you want Marble countertops or silistone check the marmoleria's near Olivos cemetery. Best prices around.

Av. Belgrano for the kitchen. Bring the measurements for the kitchen and most places will give you a price based on what kind of kitchen you want.
When we redid our kitchen they sent someone later to our place to do a more specified plan with us which was then used to fabricate the kitchen. When its ready they will bring it to your home and install it. I dont remember the price, but it was pretty cheap. Actually way cheaper than I expected. And you get it exactly as you want.

Back