Buying A Small Apartment To Be Used As Collateral

Well, I am sorry for those who live in another country and want to sell their property in BA.

I know someone who sold his property in 2014 after trying to sell it for 2 years. I believe he got full market value in pesos equivalent dollar blue which he was able to send back to USA via Banco nacion...and ultimately have in his USA account the exact amount of USD in sale value as he originally aspired to have two years ago! He even paid all taxes and AFIP was satisfied.

But you also had the right to pay in pesos to transfer the equivalent in dollars at the official rate, which is what most people didn't know.

What is Garantia, guaranting? Rent for 2 years and perhaps (another 4 years rent + court fees) more till they are able to get you out for not paying the rent..

That would be my calculation.

Not the rent of one versus rent of the other. Rather the sale value of the small one is equally to how many years of rent on the big one. Plain and simple.

The other thing..its not that their are 100's of options for a high end apartment owner in his choice of possible tenants. The higher the rental..the tougher to rent it out.

==

The other thing is that even without garantia, so many landlords are ready to rent you a apartment if you pay rent for 12 months or 24 months in advance. If it was all about security for the landlord , what is the guarantee, I will peacefully vacate after 2 years despite paying 24 months rent in advance?

In my opinion, the garantia is just a stupid/ superficial guarantee for the landlord for recovering any unpaid rent and any court fees and waiting time to hoist you out eventually.

==

Their is a difference between a 'house squatter' who forcefully takes over a uninhabitated house versus a tenant who has done proper paper work and has pledged to pay rent. A house squatter will never pay rent and will not leave ever. A tenant has signed in front of a notary to pay rent and then suddenly he/she stops paying rent for some "sad" personal life hassles. So the owner needs to be guaranteed that till the time, the court gives a order to evict this tenant, at least the 'garantia' will help recover the unpaid rent/waiting time for eviction.

==

A tenant who has not paid rent can not just sell of the house and disappear in thin air! Its only about unpaid rent..so for 2 years of rent + 4 years of waiting time + legal fees. That would be my calculation in buying a cheaper small apartment to be be used as garantia.

Ceviche all this rhetoric and rationalization about this operation is fine but what applies are the normal real estate market practices in Argentina...!!

Sure GS_Dirtboy could advise you,for a reasonable fee, , better than hearsay opinions....!

The Landlord has to protect himself against possible severe damages to the property plus the case of a tenant with children that refuses to leave and doesn't pay rent after the 24 month contract. Eviction procedures if possible can take years....so must cover the loss of rental income...!

In my building a tenant decided not to pay rent , the apt. was listed for sale , the tenant offered to leave the apt. in exchange a US$5000 compensation? to facilitate the sale, or delay the legal eviction procedures with appeals ...!! for years?? Its hard to sell a property with a tenant inside that doesn't pay rent ...!

GS_Dirtboy could advise you,for a reasonable fee, , better than hearsay opinions....!

Maybe dirty boy can advice all of us here. Just as lawyer dr bajo cero does advice us all here, without charging any "fees".

Maybe everyone should provide his/her services which they do for a living for free - really evil to charge a few bucks for good advice concerning a 100k+ transaction...

I did my whole citizenship application on my own just following dr bajo cero's 'free' advice and posts of user 'steveinbsas" ..for which he/they could have charged me 1000's of dollars.

Sounds like a good chance to thank them with a nice Christmas gift!

They are amogst my best friends on this forum. I am always there for them.

Gifts etc are superficial things with zero value after some time. Genuine friendships are forever.

Back