Buying A Small Apartment To Be Used As Collateral

Important to find out if the consorcio has no debts. There was a notorious case in Palermo Chico where a woman died while using the lift. Legal action was taken and all the flat owners were bound to pay millions. What everybody did was to sell their apartment for peanuts as soon as they could.

That at least till 2013 you could buy a flat in Argentine pesos as if you were paying in US$ (not black market rate) so long as the owner was a foreigner.

Important to find out if the consorcio has no debts.

How do find such things?

How do you find how often will there be electricity and water cuts in the building ? Especially in a brand new building?

You find out that by asking the people that lives there Ceviche, for example in my apartment i never have water, light or internet cut (at least not when i'm around or that i have notice) how i know that? simple because i live here, so your best aproach is to ask people that lives in the same apartment about that.

You find out that by asking the people that lives there Ceviche, for example in my apartment i never have water, light or internet cut (at least not when i'm around or that i have notice) how i know that? simple because i live here, so your best aproach is to ask people that lives in the same apartment about that.

Correct. But how about a new building just terminated in construction or to be terminated in 3 months.

How do find such things?

How do you find how much electricity and water cuts, the building is going to have? Especially a brand new building?

Just phone the consorcio and ask, I guess. Most new building probably have 'grupo electrogeno' of their own so you know that if there is a power cut for many days you will at least have water. Some neighbourhoods are more likely to suffer from power cuts. My best friend had no electricity for 5 days once and she has had cuts on and off since she bought her house. I live close to the city centre and when there is a problem they tend to fix it within hours.

Back