Buying internationally from Amazon or Alibaba

There is a special "Did your mom send it to you?" checkbox in customs forms.
And if you check it, you are completely exempt of all import duties.
Sometimes they even bring your package from the plane right to your door with a marching orchestra.

This is absolutely not true. Everyone knows Granaderos have their band mounted on horseback, not marching.

Amazon USA does, theoretically, ship to Argentina. And they compute import fees and shipping.

77A46EE1-0ECC-428A-9CC6-3A136404DB1E.jpeg

That seems about right. Some 40 bucks for the item, and 85 more for the rest. Welcome to Argentina. Yay.

Amazon USA does, theoretically, ship to Argentina. And they compute import fees and shipping.

View attachment 7349

so anything i buy on amazon for sure for sure would not be retained at the argentine customs for further bribing? if true then it is well worth doing considering the predictability of the outcome. my biggest fear is to get a phone call from the aduana saying i need to pay ransom to retrieve my package just because of some fine print bulshit law they made up on the spot to take advantage of someone.

... for sure for sure would not be retained at the argentine customs ...

Expat0tree,

Nobody can tell you "for sure for sure" what the Argentine customs or Amazon will do. Why don't you try it yourself and report here how did it go?

Expat0tree,

Nobody can tell you "for sure for sure" what the Argentine customs or Amazon will do. Why don't you try it yourself and report here how did it go?

i'm not a gambler, and if someone else had recently bought stuff from amazon then it would be that much better easier to share their experience with everybody else.

Not worth the hassle imo... The system is broken

again someone throws a remark without elaborating. i know it myself that the system is broken, but what is your argument against ordering from amazon for example? what are the specific hurdles? i'd like to learn from someone who had ordered and can enlighten everybody else. my idea is to use my mom's (canadian) credit card to purchase about two dozen items and get it all shipped here to my home address. the import taxes should be included in the displayed total amount on amazon's checkout. what can go wrong?

you may never receive any of it. that's what could go wrong...

Back