Buying internationally from Amazon or Alibaba

again someone throws a remark without elaborating. i know it myself that the system is broken, but what is your argument against ordering from amazon for example? what are the specific hurdles? i'd like to learn from someone who had ordered and can enlighten everybody else. my idea is to use my mom's (canadian) credit card to purchase about two dozen items and get it all shipped here to my home address. the import taxes should be included in the displayed total amount on amazon's checkout. what can go wrong?
Assuming you are correct, begin to make out an AMZN order, go as far as buying and see what your line item cost(s) will be. It is my hunch that you will see nothing regarding import duty of another country. AMZN, processes orders and collects local sales taxes, but I seriously doubt they collect import duties for another country. That is the responsibility of customs and border control as the order enters the destination country.

Having said that, your order will be held by customs and if you are LUCKY, you will be notified that an import duty is due prior to shipment release for delivery.

Why don't you try making a small order at first to see how it all goes? If it is a success, make the next, larger order with confidence.

I posted this earlier; US Amazon. But I've not tried it.

Attachments

• attachments.jpg
    attachments.jpg
    877.5 KB · Views: 15
Oh! Fantastic! (Thanks Greg.)

There you go, it should be very easy.

If it were me and I felt the price was agreeable, I'd make the order.

If the merchandise never arrives, contest your credit card. You can't lose.

out of interest I had look at https://grabr.io/ - peer to peer delivery platform....at least the payment goes to an escrow account and is only made when item is delivered.

The recommended offers put out was for current breakdown
Product price $49.99
US Sales tax $4.00
Traveler reward $16.50
Grabr fee $6.56
Payment processing $4.06
Estimated total $81.10

Got an offer from the following importer www.siaimportaciones.com (which is cheaper than what they charge through their website)
Product price $49.99
US Sales Tax $4.44
International Delivery Fee $38.54
Total $92.97

they could well show up cheaper (at blue rate) on mercado libre in a month or so as they as just new.

Back