Buying Online From Os Since Macri Got In... Is It Easier?

TrevorCito

Registered
Does anybody have recent experience buying something from overseas and shipping it to your address in Argentina using a courier?

There was some talk a few months ago when Macri got in that things would get easier. Has anybody actually bought something and had it shipped to your address using a courier like Fedex or UPS? If yes, what happened?

Does anybody know the current state of affairs? Is there are threshold value?

I want to buy a chefs knife from China and have it sent to me but I don't want it held up in customs. Value: USD $15.

I tried this about 12 months ago and it ended badly when I tried to import an item worth < $25. It was held at the airport by Fedex, customs attempted to bribe me and it was suggested that I use a despachante de aduana (USD $350).

Any recent experience using a courier will be greatly appreciated.

The law say a private citizen do not need a"despachante"(i.e. acceleretor) if the cost of the item is below 500USD, period.
By the way, I bought a book trhu AMAZON, due March 26, and still I did not get it!!

They are all criminals - I had a courier try charge me 500 pesos to deliver my replacement credit card. Told them to **** off and got a new one sent in a normal mail envelope. Arrived a month later.

Customs attempted to bribe you? Now that's a Yakov Smirnoff moment.

I let them keep it. I can only imagine their puzzled faces when they eventually opened the package expecting to find something valuable only to find useless circuit boards.

Packages are supposed to be returned after a period of time to the sender but the Chinese factory I used didn't receive them.

I am a member of a group of technologists in Buenos Aires who are trying to develop high tech products. Each person in the group is being prevented from innovating and developing product concepts because they are unable to source the components needed to build their ideas. These are really intelligent people with great ideas and potential but they are being held back because of some near sighted import policies being maintained by government.

I really hope the new government changes the import cepo that appears to be ongoing, and changes it soon!!!

Back