buying plane trip to Miami for January

argcalif2010

Registered
Hi everybody,

I am planning a trip to Miami Florida, my girfriend has an Italian passport and I have a USA passport. I was looking at despegar. and the rates are somewhat high for the month of January (I plan to stay for 20 days, a cruise and disney.) Does anybody know if I can buy tickets that are cheaper in the United States, and have them sent to me here in Argentina, or does anybody know of another cost cutting idea.:confused:

Thanks.

Are they cheaper in the states I doubt it? Have them sent to you? You don't need the physical tickets!

We bought a roundtrip from San Francisco to BsAs for less that 800 US...Steve is correct to trick your ISP to check fares from the US.
Also, you might want to download American Airlines deal finder and set up a daily search with a max price you are willing to pay. We have had great luck with that method.
buenos suerte

I haven't found prices to be too different. I suppose you could always use Expedia or Travelocity to compare. :)

The month of January is usually expensive because it's summer vacation here... it also sells out fast. And tickets to/from Argentina are simply higher than other places no matter where you buy from.

I've made a lot of trips between the US and Argentina over the last 10 years, between 50 and 100. January is by far the most expensive month, the last few years tickets have been twice as much in January than in June.

here is my top cost cutting method: Frequent Flyer Miles

Nonstop USA-ARG flights average $1200-$1800 depending on the season and how far in advance you book. Of course this is a basic range and prices can be much more if you are booking a flight on only a day's notice.

I like to hedge my travel costs by using frequent flyer miles.

I recently booked a last minute, emergency, flight on the morning of July 3rd that was departing JFK at 10pm that night.

It cost me 12,500 miles instead of $2300 for a last minute nonstop one way flight.

I would definitely suggest that you start thinking about frequent flyer miles to help manage your travel costs.

They also recommend you don't book until 2-3 months before flying as it is usually cheaper than buying far in advance or last minute.

argcalif2010 said:
Hi everybody,

Does anybody know if I can buy tickets that are cheaper in the United States, and have them sent to me here in Argentina

Thanks.

I would do the other way around , since you can buy flight tickets online at the official rate. Anyone interested in this loophole?

Best thing is to buy the tickets in Argentina, with a price quoted in Pesos, paying with pesos you'll get changing USDs on the black market (30/40% off).

Back