buying property- www.realba.blogspot.com

While legal advice is needed in buying property here, it's not enough to seek the counsel of ANY lawyer. There are dishonest lawyers. The difficulty is finding someone reliable. That is why it is often unswise for people new to Argentina to rush into buying property.

"chris" said:
While legal advice is needed in buying property here, it's not enough to seek the counsel of ANY lawyer. There are dishonest lawyers. The difficulty is finding someone reliable. That is why it is often unwise for people new to Argentina to rush into buying property.
Sage words; one shouldn't rush in where angels fear to tread. I still don't understand why so many warnings are given about poor Argentina. It's not as if the rest of the world is a model of probity. The Argentinians have neither the wit nor the inherent deceitfulness required for truly systematic fraud (an endearing quality, I might add).
As I see it, the problems for a foreigner are 1) not knowing the language, so he can't bargain with the same facility as a local, 2) not knowing the prices of things, and 3) not being acquainted with the laws and mores of the country. These problems aren't easily circumvented.

MR. BBW, I am faniliar with buying property in the US and Argentina. There really ARE risks here - not just because of language. If you're really intertested, we can discuss the issue in a private email - let me have an address via the webmaster, if you prefer.

"chris" said:
MR. BBW, I am faniliar with buying property in the US and Argentina. There really ARE risks here - not just because of language. If you're really interested, we can discuss the issue in a private email - let me have an address via the webmaster, if you prefer.
Have done so and hope to hear from you. BBW.

Back