Caesar - Cesar - Cesare Salad and Dark Roast Coffee beans

artisans

Registered
For as long as I've been in and out of Buenos Aires, since 2004, Argentines have been keeping poor Caesar spinning in his grave with dreadful forms of 'Caesar Cesar Cesare' salads, insult to injury 'con pollo'. Has anyone a restaurant hideaway that makes a proper one they'd recommend? Warning: You'll be publicly pilloried on weak or false recommendations. :)
And the other matter, Dark Roast coffee beans, in the style of for example Peet's Dark French Roast. Hallowed be their name.
Medium roast abounds, and apart from Starbuck's Espresso, dark roast Columbian, nothing stands out or up. Recommends, secret hidden away coffee roasters in CABA?

i didn't buy the beans, but the coffee tastes decent relatively to the rest of the options here. I don't recall seeing the beans on offer either, but they might have...Cafe Martinez has dark roast and it's drinkable, but again, leaves a lot to desire for...Suerte.

For as long as I've been in and out of Buenos Aires, since 2004, Argentines have been keeping poor Caesar spinning in his grave with dreadful forms of 'Caesar Cesar Cesare' salads, insult to injury 'con pollo'. Has anyone a restaurant hideaway that makes a proper one they'd recommend? Warning: You'll be publicly pilloried on weak or false recommendations. :)
And the other matter, Dark Roast coffee beans, in the style of for example Peet's Dark French Roast. Hallowed be their name.
Medium roast abounds, and apart from Starbuck's Espresso, dark roast Columbian, nothing stands out or up. Recommends, secret hidden away coffee roasters in CABA?
I'm partial to the Caesar salad at Kansas. They also sell their dressing now in bottles. You can find it at Res carnicerías and some almacenes

A Good Ceasar salad is not only the dressing.. must also have tender strips of mesquite wood grilled chicken . Besides the lettuce has to be right. Plus the garlic flavored croutons... Would settle for a Turkey Club Vinaigrette

1578762749142.png

Last edited:
A Good Ceasar salad is not only the dressing.. must also have tender strips of mesquite wood grilled chicken . Besides the lettuce has to be right. Plus the garlic flavored croutons...
Sorry man, but chicken grilled or otherwise has nothing to do with the classic Caesar salad. The rest agreed, although I would debate that croutons are optional. The dressing is where the Argies go strongly off course and lose it with Caesar salad. Some version of mayo goop. And they don't offer a "Caesar salad" without the chicken which I guess somehow justifies the 400+ pesos price.

Last edited:
i didn't buy the beans, but the coffee tastes decent relatively to the rest of the options here. I don't recall seeing the beans on offer either, but they might have...Cafe Martinez has dark roast and it's drinkable, but again, leaves a lot to desire for...Suerte.
Agreed Le Pain Quotidien serves good coffee and I used to buy Cafe Martinez Italiano 'dark roast' but as you say leaves a lot to be desired, and so the search continues. Iqualmente

Sorry man, but chicken grilled or otherwise has nothing to do with the classic Caesar salad. The rest agreed, although I would debate that croutons are optional.

Nothing to be sorry about... Chicken Caesar Salad is for foodie connoisseurs . " A chacun son gout" as the Maitre'd used to say

Nothing to be sorry about... Chicken Caesar Salad is for foodie connoisseurs . " A chacun son gout" as the Maitre'd used to say
I would say classic Caesar salad is for foodie connoisseurs and Chicken Caesar Salad is for someone who wants something else or an inexpensive lunch.
caesar.png

Last edited:
Back