Caesar - Cesar - Cesare Salad and Dark Roast Coffee beans

Well, here it is fellow seekers of Caesar salads, pic attached. By dint of necessity from the home kitchen with all the bells and whistles, croutons not withstanding and next time. Fresh bread courtesy of Le Pain Quotiden. Fabulous with a crispy Sauvignon blanc.
As expats know some things you love, you just have to make yourself. Dead easy really once you've assembled the ingredients from local markets.
I'm going to close my search for Caesar salads in BA, convinced the real one doesn't exist.
As Monty Python said about ruling India and Curry, now that we have the recipe.... ;-) jaja.
Meanwhile the search for a dark roast coffee of merit in BA goes on.
Hail Caesar!!

Attachments

• caesar1.jpg
    caesar1.jpg
    722.2 KB · Views: 11
so they didn't sell you dark roast beans?
Which place? I just tried to leave a message on Padre Coffee Facebook page but looks like not working. I called Padre Coffee, they only have medium roast beans.

Le Pain, since you were already braving their Caesar
Le Pain in Recoleta Mall has just juiced up their menu, a lot! Wine by the glass. Great salads but no Caesar. The coffee - roasted dark beans - there's no sign they sell any coffee as ground or beans. I'll make a point of asking next time.

I'm partial to the Caesar salad at Kansas. They also sell their dressing now in bottles. You can find it at Res carnicerías and some almacenes

i saw it today in my local minimercado. they also had their BBQ sauce.

Well, here it is fellow seekers of Caesar salads, pic attached. By dint of necessity from the home kitchen with all the bells and whistles, croutons not withstanding and next time. Fresh bread courtesy of Le Pain Quotiden. Fabulous with a crispy Sauvignon blanc.
As expats know some things you love, you just have to make yourself. Dead easy really once you've assembled the ingredients from local markets.
I'm going to close my search for Caesar salads in BA, convinced the real one doesn't exist.
As Monty Python said about ruling India and Curry, now that we have the recipe.... ;-) jaja.
Meanwhile the search for a dark roast coffee of merit in BA goes on.
Hail Caesar!!
So did you use anchovy paste or did you grind canned anchovies?

Back