Calling a cellphone in Mar Del Plata

va2ba

Registered
Does anyone know how I can call a cellphone in mar del plata from Capital? I know that the code for Mar del Plata is 0223, but I cannot seem to get any calls through.

try dialing as +54 9 223 xxx xxxx, or 00 54 9 223 xxx xxxx if your phone does not do the "+".

The problem is, that is a cell phone number for Buenos Aires. I cannot just dial it normally, since the person is in Mar del Plata, and when I dial the codes that you two have suggested, I am either told by Telecom that I cannot do it or when it goes to ring, it just starts beeping instead.

Then you've got a wrong number.

To dial a cell phone number in any area code from a landline or cell phone, you dial area code+15+local number. For numbers in Capital, you dial 011-15-xxxx-xxxx. You can skip the 011 because you're in the same area code.

To dial a cell phone number in Mar del Plata, you dial 0223-15-xxx-xxxx (the local part is 7 digits). A cell phone in Pilar would be 02322-15-xx-xxxx, a cell phone in La Plata would be 0221-15-xxx-xxxx.

If you're calling from a cell phone, you actually don't need to dial 15 at all.

The number is not wrong. The person is visiting Mar del Plata from Capital, which is why it is a number from capital. So it is not 15 xxx-xxxx. It is 15 xxxx-xxxx.

va2ba said:
The number is not wrong. The person is visiting Mar del Plata from Capital, which is why it is a number from capital. So it is not 15 xxx-xxxx. It is 15 xxxx-xxxx.

I think you might be a bit confused. The number and area code doesn't change based on the physical location of the phone. The number is assigned to the SIM card.

If the person you're calling has a cell phone with a number from Capital, you call it just the same as you always would, whether they're in Capital, Mar del Plata or Posadas.

Same in reverse, if someone with a Mar del Plata cell phone number was physically in Capital, you'd call their number 0223-15-xxx-xxxx.

ndcj said:
I think you might be a bit confused. The number and area code doesn't change based on the physical location of the phone. The number is assigned to the SIM card.

If the person you're calling has a cell phone with a number from Capital, you call it just the same as you always would, whether they're in Capital, Mar del Plata or Posadas.

Same in reverse, if someone with a Mar del Plata cell phone number was physically in Capital, you'd call their number 0223-15-xxx-xxxx.

Like I hadn't thought of that. That was the first thing I tried. I'd be happy to let you try, but it won't work. So perhaps you are the one who is confused because you are not understanding me.

va2ba said:
Like I hadn't thought of that. That was the first thing I tried. I'd be happy to let you try, but it won't work. So perhaps you are the one who is confused because you are not understanding me.

Try dialing one of these, if not, there's something other than your dialing that is wrong because there is are no other ways to dial it:

011-15-xxxx-xxxx
15-xxxx-xxxx
011-xxxx-xxxx (only from another cell phone)
+54911xxxx-xxxx (also from your cell phone, or Skype)

If the number is in Capital, 0223 has no place in the number, no matter where they physically are right now.

ndcj said:
Try dialing one of these, if not, there's something other than your dialing that is wrong because there is are no other ways to dial it:

011-15-xxxx-xxxx
15-xxxx-xxxx
011-xxxx-xxxx (only from another cell phone)
+54911xxxx-xxxx (also from your cell phone, or Skype)

If the number is in Capital, 0223 has no place in the number, no matter where they physically are right now.

The last one worked through skype. None of the others worked, I don't understand it. Thanks for all the help ndcj!

Back