Calling abroad from a pre-paid mobile phone card

"charly" said:
Tangobob,

Technology can be good or bad depending on how you use it. I myself have a cell phone and it hasn't removed me from human contact at all... Anyway that's another issue. No offense but I think it is you who is missing the point. The guy above was complaining about BAD SERVICE. In my opinion, his anger is totally justified. What he described is just another example of the Argentine "screw the consumer" mentality.
It hasn't removed me either, but there are many it has, as for screwing the consumer if you use the locotorios as I said the, rates are cheaper than anywhere in europe. Mobile phone companies are notorious for screwing the consumers.In the UK the government is actually trying to legislate against them they are that bad.
BAD SERVICE is not the unique domain of Argentina, this place has some crap,of course, but it also has many good points, or why would so many of us be here.

"blondie" said:
First of all: I got my cellphone and prepaid card (with CTI) without any problems, didn't need a DNI, didn't need my passport... and it works perfectly well to call abroad with it, never had any problems with that.
Secondly: why does every thread here get so ugly, with people being mean to eachother, badmouting other foreigners staying in BA, complaining about Arentina/ argentinians/ prices/ service/ yadayada and accusing others of not "being here for the right reasons"?
Are all expats here that unhappy and frustrated? Or are expats in general just not nice people?
See, when someone refuses to kiss Argentine butt some expats get furious... I guess it makes them uncomfortable to know that there are people out there who still think and have an independent mind. It would be much more convenient if everybody else were sycophantic, too... That way, no one would ever contradict them!!

"tangobob" said:
BAD SERVICE is not the unique domain of Argentina, this place has some crap,of course, but it also has many good points, or why would so many of us be here.
I know bad service is not unique to Argentina. Nonetheless, one can't deny that this problem is more common here than in other countries. Argentina simply lacks that "customer first" attitude so prevalent in the anglo-saxon world.

Back