Can I bring a used flatscreen TV in my luggage?

This would certainly be plausable, but it might be more be more convincing to say (if asked) that, "I will be returning very soon and there is no reason for me cart the suitcase back and forth."

That's because it's easier for most people to tell the truth with conviction than it is to tell a lie...which is something I learned the hard way when I was eight years old (almost 65 years ago).

Upon departue, you could then add that you just visited the woman you love and that you will be getting maried when you return.🤠
True Likewise.

Thank you every one!

Ill forget the TV and just take the clothes I need for trip, at least I have one bag pre packed. :)

Ill keep it simple, return trip will be everything.

When will you return, how much will you bring, and will you still be a tourist?
When will you return, how much will you bring, and will you still be a tourist?
For some reason most of your message was cut off , after I read it. When as soon as i sell my house . Then we will get married there in Argentina, this is what we understood is the way. This gets more confusing if I understood you reply correc. Cant apply for anything until were married understood and I can get married as a tourist. I ll have all my documents in order when I arrive to get married.

There was a time, perhaps 12 or 15 years ago, when there was a customs form you were supposed to fill out that listed electronics or valuable that you were leaving with. But even then, nobody checked your bags or carryon against the form, and I haven seen that form in at least ten years. No customs agent has ever asked me what I am leaving with. And I have probably gone back and forth 20 or 30 times in the last ten years.
They have never asked me why I come and go, or anything like that.
In the US, they very seldom ask anything except "what is the dollar value of what you purchased". And the US is much more strict than the Argentines.
All customs agents have a very developed sixth sense about who might be a mule, although they usually will also hassle people of color more, just on general principles.

Back