Can I Exchange Argie Pesos Into Chile Pesos?

Hybrid Ambassador

Registered
Hello forum folks,

I will be visiting BsAs pretty soon. When exchanging my surplus Argie Pesos
when I live Argie to visit Chile, can I exchange Argie Pesos into Chilean Pesos
fairly easy.? Or is it going to be a problem exchanging Argie Pesos to Chilean Pesos.?
What is the best most beneficial way for me to maxmise the value of Argie Pesos vs Chile Pesos,?
Can I easily exchange Pesos vs Pesos in any Cambio House in the streets of BsAs.?
Your savvy answers would be greately appreciated.

Cash as little as you need so you don't have a surplus of Argie pesos

You cannot exchange Argentine pesos for any kind of currency without permission from AFIP.

Why is that anyone can not buy Chilean Pesos in Argies?
Iam not talking sell Dollars here, merely buying Chilean Pesos
With Argie Pesos in BaAs , I guess I have to take the Pesos to
Chile and then exchanging them over there !

Good luck. Those Chilians are not that stupid. They don't want Argie pesos . Nobody wants them. I wonder why?

Reactions: tez

Yep, that's pretty much your only option if you can't get permission from AFIP (which you could try if you're a tax-paying resident).
The point is to stop people from buying foreign currency in order to keep the exchange rate artificially low. It doesn't matter what currency you want to buy...most people would choose keeping their savings in most currencies other than Arg pesos.

If you can prove where you obtained your Argie pesos ,i.e. ATM, Bank, or exchange bureau, with a receipt you can obtain foreign currency $Chile. Or go to Mendoza, surplus of Chilean pesos.

bring a argi credit card and pay all with that

Hi lamarque, Argentinean Credit card? Won't my USoA expedited Visa,MC,Amex cards suffice for me to use it there.?
What do you mean bring by your statement above.? Is it a joke or does it have a real meaning.?

If you can prove where you obtained your Argie pesos ,i.e. ATM, Bank, or exchange bureau, with a receipt you can obtain foreign currency $Chile. Or go to Mendoza, surplus of Chilean pesos.

Hello Rich One again,! You always there to throw a helping hand to us the newbies.! I was thinking to send USD via Xoom
as suggested by a forum member elsewhere, She said that I can withdraw the money in Argie Pesos at almost Blue Dollar rate.
So I was thinking if this is possible, then I can avoid all the hussles and eminent danger associated by carrying all this US green backs
with me and then going to the Arbolitos for exchaging at the streets. Wil lthe Xoom designated branch or place issue me a receipt stating
that I have sent these moneies from USoA.? And with this "receipt" where do I go to exchange the surplus Argie Pesos into Chilean Pesos
since Chile is next destination land on my trips. Mendoza seems a good place to see while in Argentina, but where do I have to go, in order to get the cambio for Chilean Pesos.? If you know the process be explicit please.
Much Obliged to all of you, the forum members.!

Back