Can I Exchange Argie Pesos Into Chile Pesos?

Xoom only handles small amounts of US less than US$1000 ? (Please correct me ) and is a hassle, bring your greenbacks in a money bag , inside your pants :) and cash daily as you need at 6.15 blue rate no arbolitos, safer places exist, ask me! IF you had a small surplus of Argie pesos spend them in Mendoza.
Once in Chile you can buy everywhere Chilean pesos with your hot greenbacks

Good Luck

Xoom only handles small amounts of US less than US$1000 ? (Please correct me ) and is a hassle, bring your greenbacks in a money bag , inside your pants :) and cash daily as you need at 6.15 blue rate no arbolitos, safer places exist, ask me! IF you had a small surplus of Argie pesos spend them in Mendoza.

Good Luck

Rich One-San, I was planning to do multiple money transfer transactions through Xoom each time around $1k US ..When Iam through with all the necessary spending in Argie~Land, then want to exchange the left overs into Chilean Pesos, If you exchange your Green backs in Chile at the cambio places, you will be hit each time with a huge exchange fee in %, thus your Dollar exchange inside Chile is not too attractive per se.

How many leftover Argie pesos, a couple of hundred bucks? What is a Huge fee on dollar Exchange in Chile? Buying Chilean pesos in Argentina will not be cheaper than cashing dollars in Chile.

How many leftover Argie pesos, a couple of hundred bucks? What is a Huge fee on dollar Exchange in Chile? Buying Chilean pesos in Argentina will not be cheaper than cashing dollars in Chile.
That's the point, how much is the cambio fee in Argentina, from Argie Pesos into Chilean Pesos.?
If one exchanges Dollars in Chile, being told by Chile Gringo Ex Pats, a whopping 16% ! So to change
USD$1000.00 into Chilean pesos, one has to pay USD$160.00 for the Cambio fee. This is frigging expensive!
Where to go to show the receipt and get the Argie authority OK the Pesos exchange and what is the rate,?
Anyone know out there.?

That's the point, how much is the cambio fee in Argentina, from Argie Pesos into Chilean Pesos.?
If one exchanges Dollars in Chile, being told by Chile Gringo Ex Pats, a whopping 16% ! So to change
USD$1000.00 into Chilean pesos, one has to pay USD$160.00 for the Cambio fee. This is frigging expensive!
Where to go to show the receipt and get the Argie authority OK the Pesos exchange and what is the rate,?
Anyone know out there.?

The current exchange rate in Chile is $476,20 pesos per dollar , My Cambio Office in Santiago gives me $471 pesos per dollar on a personal US drawn check. Whoever told you , you would get $400 (16% exchange fee) pesos to the dollar on greenbacks is dead wrong..!! The Exchange on greenbacks is better....!!

Good Luck on your project

Simple rules to follow every time you face a question about currency exchange.

1) The Argentinian peso is worth as much as used toilet paper.
2) Every country in South America is aware of item #1.
3) When inquiring about exchanging Argentinian pesos for South American currency "X", please look up items #1 and #2.
4) When i doubt about what to do with your remaining Argentinian pesos, a good option is to light the bills of fire and watch them burn. The entertainment value you will get from it will probably outweigh any other use you give to those bills, including using it as toilet paper.

Contacted Xoom here in S.F. CA, Said I will be able to get the receipt of own money transferred into Argentina
from the Xoom office there in BsAs.
My next question to you all is,where to take my receipt invalidating the origin of the money. Which state agency
to go in order to get the permission to exchange my Argie Pesos into Chilean Pesos.

The current exchange rate in Chile is $476,20 pesos per dollar , My Cambio Office in Santiago gives me $471 pesos per dollar on a personal US drawn check. Whoever told you , you would get $400 (16% exchange fee) pesos to the dollar on greenbacks is dead wrong..!! The Exchange on greenbacks is better....!!

Good Luck on your project

Asked questions to your answer to this topic to Chile's multiple expats members that I know privately
by PM and the US Green Backs has no clouts over there. Reason as to why from exchange rate of
USD$1.00 to Chilean Pesos $600.00 a couple months ago. Now the Dollar has lost its luster and only worth
One$1.00USD for _Only_ Chilean $478.20 as todays cambio rate. So once admired US$ does not shine brighter
anymore, especially in the country that is to enter, the " world trillion dollar club member contry "..in a few years..
Right now,Flashing US green backs in Chile..worthless, In Peru yes, you can change USD$ at a very favourable rate in the
supermarkets, as matter of fact, better rates than going to the Cambio exchange Houses.!

Rich One-san, you must have a very strong ties and clouts there in order to use your own personal cheques
for exchange method, vs the phisical GreenBacks.
"cause even the Amex travellers cheques are frowned upon_ instead of 16% cambio fee, I have been told 20%.
So using my own USoA banks personal cheques there trying to exchange into Chilean Pesos is laughing matter.!
How dreadful has the Argentine visit for me is being unfold, perhaps I should skip entirely the BsAs fact finding trip
and stick to Santiago de Chile only.. LoL help me here.!!

Good Luck

Xoom will actually allow you to exchange up to US$2999 per transaction (more with special approval). Xoom (a.k.a. ]More[ money transfers) does provide you with a receipt, although it only tells you the amount of pesos they gave you, not the U.S. amount they exchanged for that amount, nor the rate. Maybe that doesn't matter. We exchanged last week for over 6.3.

Xoom will actually allow you to exchange up to US$2999 per transaction (more with special approval). Xoom (a.k.a. ]More[ money transfers) does provide you with a receipt, although it only tells you the amount of pesos they gave you, not the U.S. amount they exchanged for that amount, nor the rate. Maybe that doesn't matter. We exchanged last week for over 6.3.

although it only tells you the amount of pesos they gave you, not the U.S. amount they exchanged for that amount, nor the rate. Maybe that doesn't matter. We exchanged last week for over 6.3>>._very good rate_ i will go for that!

Hmmm, no Dollar amount shown on the receipts.? Well of course!, Xoom can't be aiding the illicit Dollar Blue exchange rates. So they can't show the amount of dollars remitted from abroad.. makes sense, but, where do I go to get the permission from govrnmnt agencies in order to
exchange my "Turista surplus Pesos" into Chilean Pesos because I want to exchange them here in BsAs and not to do the exchanges in Chile. Unless in Chile offers an astoundingly beneficial rate to my persona!.. Anyone, of the street smart expats living in BsAs knows the answer to my question. Please come forward..

Back