Can I Trust A Real Estate Agent To Rent Out My Flat?

Chaz

Registered
We are looking to rent out a two bed flat in the center, but as we are not going to be in Baires we are thinking of using a Real Estate Agent. However we are worried about the problems this may involve. Does anyone have any experience of using one? My gut instinct is that it would not work out, but perhaps I am just being too negative. Any advice?

Depends upon the agent. Why do you think it would not work out?

Be careful. Real estate agents are incredibly unscrupulous many many times. I am afraid of them personally. If I were you, if I had to use a real estate agent, I would contact GS_Dirtboy, but only if you see it as necessary to use a real estate agent. Here in Argentina they are incredibly unprofessional and also unscrupulous. They also are going to charge your renter a lot of money to rent your apartment. A LOT.

Many apartment owners rent out their places when they are away from Buenos Aires. The key to success is an experienced and reliable real estate professional. I also recommend GS_Dirtboy. You'll get professional, honest and efficient service. I definitely wouldn't try to manage a property by myself from abroad. I can almost guarantee you a minefield of problems if you do that. Here the unexpected is the norm, if you haven't already figured that out.

We used an agent for a tiny apartment in Palermo, later on we sold it through them as well. The whole process, except for the initial and final meeting was done remotely. They dealt with repairs and renters in a very professional way. Sure, they took a commission, but the rent was entered into our argentine account regularly.

They were called Rossi, or a variation of that spelling and were located on Armenia. I don't know if they would manage an apartment in a different neighborhood.

My concerns wouldn't be so much the real estate agent as much as the tenants you may get, especially if you're renting out in the long term. :p Short term rentals geared towards tourists may be less of a risk, but may require more commitment.

My concerns wouldn't be so much the real estate agent as much as the tenants you may get, especially if you're renting out in the long term. :p Short term rentals geared towards tourists may be less of a risk, but may require more commitment.
You could be totally wrong.

I'm sure GS Dirtboy is very good at his job. I have a second recommendation, Martha. Let me know if you want her info.
Nancy

Back