Can Somebody Recommend A Photoshop For Us Embassy Mugshots

ilichar

Registered
I need to have a photo taken that satisfies US embassy immigrant visa requirements (600 x 600 dpi, 2in x 2 in, less than 240 kB, etc.) I've been dealing with the photoshop on Callao and Juncal, but they are nice but clueless as to the specific US embassy requirements. I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

Easiest solution (if you have the requisite skills and software): have them take a clean photo of you - no shadows etc - have them email you the file, touch up as appropriate, and then email it back to them to print. This is what I do with embassy-specific photos unless I'm positive the shop knows what they're doing.

Sure. Actually I tried this today, but it's painful. When I opened their file I realized it was 591x591, not 600x600 so had to go back. Then I realized the pic had to actually be larger than 600 x 600 to have some room for cropping when using the validation tool. So had to go back again! And then there are issues with the fluorescent lights they have in the store and the shadows and what not, and I'm like: there has to be somebody in this damn city that knows how to take pics for the embassy! But thanks for the advice.

I need to have a photo taken that satisfies US embassy immigrant visa requirements (600 x 600 dpi, 2in x 2 in, less than 240 kB, etc.) I've been dealing with the photoshop on Callao and Juncal, but they are nice but clueless as to the specific US embassy requirements. I would appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

I have had good luck with various photo shops that display the Kodak logo the latest was in Villa Crespo Scalabrini Ortiz Y Camagro.

Pueyrredon btw Pena and Pacheco de Melo, they know this stuff.

Do note that I believe you are supposed to submit an unaltered photo, so cropping would be OK but editing otherwise would technically not.

Do note that I believe you are supposed to submit an unaltered photo, so cropping would be OK but editing otherwise would technically not.
That's true. And that's another thing they do in some places: retouching color to get rid of shadows, etc. That's why I'm looking for somebody who knows the rules.

Back