Can Someone Please Explain Cell Phones To Me?

I was using an iphone plus the prepaid personal plan, at the begining was working great for 1 peso per day that i use it, the days that i didn't want to use it i just turn of the data over cell and that all, but now after 6 months it appear to stop working, i have to call and ask what going on.

I have a plan with personal but use the internet 1 peso per day. Using it on iphone 3 now and on iphone 5. Must say, personal are pretty good, I went in to the store on Honduras in Palermo when I needed to cut down my sim and they actually did it for me which was nice of them!
The internet on 3g is pretty hit and miss though, speed is generally poor and a lot of the time it doesnt work. Its actually quite frustrating but I guess for 1 peso a day you cant expect much more...

Personal is terrible. I made a big fuss on here last year when I ditched Movistar and went to personal, well a year later I'm going to Claro or maybe even back to Movistar because personal has terrible service.

Hi everyone!

Glad to see these questions brought up right now because I am about to arrive to BsAs with an iPhone 5 I have been using with Verizon wireless here in the USA. The phone is unlocked and I'm planning to buy a prepaid sim and use the 1 peso a day wifi. I'm not sure if anyone has brought down and successfully used an unlocked iphone5 from Verizon, but if you have, I would like to know your experience (just to make sure I'm not crazy for thinking this plan will go smoothly... Then again, from what I've heard, it sounds like it is best to always expect some issues!)

Thanks in advance!
Sarah

I'm using an iphone 5 here but it is an unlocked phone, I have no idea whether the verizon versions use the same radio since most verizon phones are incompatible with most non US networks (CDMA vs GSM).

You want a phone that works on 850/1900 frequencies to work in argentina.

Now Movistar gives you 10MB for 1 peso at high speed and after that it drops you down to a lower speed but its unlimited.

Anyway I bought a liberated phone and a prepaid Movistar chip at the same location and the internet isn't working, though it should. I finally reached Movistar support and they claim there's no problem. Though I'm almost certain the problem is with them I have to go return this phone and I'm back at square one.

Back