Can the following be found in BA?

kevinM

Registered
due out in april and I want to know what to stock up on! :D

peanut butter
oreos
hersheys chocolate
cookie dough ice cream (don't think I can bring that with me! :( )
US beers such as coors, bud, etc
mac and cheese

what else do the American expats miss there?

- Peanut butter exists, but I bring it from the States
- I don't know about Oreos specifically (inclined to say no), but they love their rolls of cookies and snacks here, so you could find something similar
- Budweiser - yes. You'll drink plenty of Quilmes
- Ice cream - don't know about cookie dough, but Arg has some of the best ice cream in the world, so don't worry

If you like spicy things, bring spices.
Nuts (pistachios, almonds) - are really expensive here...
Ziploc bags - if you plan to use - they sell them in "bulk" here which means like 6 bags..

if you like tea, bring lots of it!
bring chocolate
peanut butter and oreos you can get here
are you really gonna bring beer?

ha! No, that'll be another thing I won't be bringing - well, maybe a single bottle for a special occasion. :)

If you drink high-end liquor you might buy a bottle at Duty Free. Anything imported into Argentina is going to be much more expensive than you are used to.

American beer?! Please tell me you won't miss that!! ;o)
There are good imported beers there for the same price you get them in the states. Duvel, Stella etc. Quilmes isn't bad either.

Quilmes isn't bad??????????? WHAT !!!!!!!!!

OK, compared to Bud or Coors, maybe, but ....COME ON!!! :) :) :)

I suspected I should not have mentioned beer!!

it's all what you are used to. I know there are greater beers, made with loving care and attention, in places like the UK, Belgium, Germany, Czech, but it's what you are accustomed to tasting and those beers seem a little too heavy, too rich for me.
sorry :)

kevinM said:
due out in april and I want to know what to stock up on! :D

peanut butter
oreos
hersheys chocolate
cookie dough ice cream (don't think I can bring that with me! :( )
US beers such as coors, bud, etc
mac and cheese

what else do the American expats miss there?

I always take a trip to costco before I fly back to BA. There are a lot of things that I stock up on, but my main bulk items happen to be BBQ sauce and Peanut Butter. You can get Peanut Butter here, but the small jar that goes on sale for a dollar in the US is 27 pesos here.

As for Mac and Cheese, I am a Kraft lover myself, and I always buy a case, 'donate' the noodles to my family and double zip lock all of the packets of powder to bring down. It is amazing how little space this takes up, and Argentina has plenty of pasta = ) Speaking of ziplocks, I always get them too along with press and seal wrap, and heavy duty tin foil. There are Oreo's here, and they have a variety of different flavors.

You will never find Coors, but you may find Bud (but not bud light) I once was walking around down town and saw a bar with a Coors tap. I flipped, went home, got my boyfriend and dragged him to the bar. We ordered 2 Coors on draft, only to find out that that was only a decoration, and it was none other than Quilmes = (

You won't find Hershey's chocolate, but I have seen hersheys granola bars, and a few other hershey brand candies. There are plenty of local sweets to try, so don't worry.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your planning

Back