Can you pay the visa fine with credit card

Ruth

Registered
OK so having a bit of a problem,

My wallet was stolen and it will take 2 weeks for my new debit card to get here. I have a credit card but can't take money out on it.

I had money wired to me but because I am 5 days over my visa they wont give it to me. So now I need to get to Colonia asap but I need to know if I can use my credit card at immigration.

Does anyone know if I can?
:mad:

If you are already over your Visa then why do you need to go to Colonia ASAP? At the airport you pay your fine at a 'bank' and I believe they take Visa. Frankly, if they want payment they should be able to take it however you can give it to them.

In the future, before you travel - cancel your debit card, get a temporary. Take both your temp and the 'good' one that you get in the mail before you leave. Only use your temp card and hide the other. If it gets stolen you immediately use your 'good' card and it cancels the temp card.

Maraya

I have been here for 95 days. I will be here for another 2 months.

Moneygram will not release money that was wired to me without a valid tourist visa.

I have no cash so I was wondering if the 50 peso fine for overstaying my tourist visa can be paid for with a credit card when I go to Colonia to renew my tourist visa.

Do I have to pay cash or can i pay credit card for the 50 peso fine?

I am staying here for another two months, but because my immigration 90 day visa expired 5 days ago and I am not able to collect money that was wired here to me via Moneyram without a valid visa.

Once I have my new tourist visa for the next 90s days I can collect the money.

So I was wondering if the 50 peso fine for staying over my 90 days can be paid with a credit card when I go to Colonia (via ferry, which I can pay for on credit card) to get my new tourist visa?

at Ezeiza you cannot pay with a credit card. i don't think it will be any different at buquebus.

where are you from? wasn't your visa stamped in your passport? which means you also had your passport stolen, right?

if anyone you know has an american express card, they can send you emergency funds through american express and you go pick them up at the american express office on Arenales. i think it's up to U$D500.

good luck.

Ruth,

If you don't have the 50 pesos to pay the fine, I will be happy to loan it to you....and enough to buy something to eat on your trip. I sent you a PM with my phone number.

Hi Ruth - I need to get my Visa reset and will be going to Colonia in the next couple of days. If you want company, let me know.

steveinbsas said:
Ruth,

If you don't have the 50 pesos to pay the fine, I will be happy to loan it to you....and enough to buy something to eat on your trip. I sent you a PM with my phone number.

Thanks Steve! I was thinking the same thing but you beat me too it!
Let's hope Ruth can get her situation fixed quickly.
Ruth, get in touch if you need help.

No need to go to Uruguay or Colonia if your visa expired (should be before it expired), it will be the same of you leave the country through any port of authority, just pay at the airport the fine when you decide to leave the country. Same fine will apply to go to Colonia
If you need money and you are from the US I can offer you to deposit in my account Bank Of America and I will gladly give you the funds here, in dollars or pesos..

my cel 15-6374-1962

later!

Back