Can Your Govt. Help If Argentine Court´s Too Slow ?

PaulBee

Registered
I´ve had a law suit for faulty goods going on for 10 years.
The case should be open and closed in my favour, but my first lawyer
acted "irregularly". That delayed things about a year.

A year ago we finally had the pre trial (sorry for my layman
terminology). Since then nothing has happened.

Does anyone know whether people in my position can get help
from their home countries, as far as this being an unfair business
practise or anything ?

I´m from Canada, if that has any bearing on anything. They don´t
have a good reputation for helping citizens abroad.

Thanks for any advice and happy 2014.

I´ve had a law suit for faulty goods going on for 10 years.
The case should be open and closed in my favour, but my first lawyer
acted "irregularly". That delayed things about a year.

A year ago we finally had the pre trial (sorry for my layman
terminology). Since then nothing has happened.

Does anyone know whether people in my position can get help
from their home countries, as far as this being an unfair business
practise or anything ?

I´m from Canada, if that has any bearing on anything. They don´t
have a good reputation for helping citizens abroad.

Thanks for any advice and happy 2014.
is this a joke? short answer is no.

For what it´s worth, my lawyer explained that going to the Supreme Court wasn´t practical for my
case. One thing she said is that all Argentine cases are slow now, but I´ve been working on this
case with her for about 9 years now !
Bajo_Cero 2, I certainly appreciate that you took time to inform us all and to help me.

Here is the problem: it is IMPOSSIBLE to remove a judge in Argentina (there are three exceptions that prove the rule). Moving slowly is not a reason to be removed, or even sanctioned. So most don´t work, don´t read the cases (that is what their interns are for).
There is a saying here "the worse extrajudicial agreement is better than the best judicial decision".

However, justice can arrive, slowly. My father in law just got a settlement for a car accident he suffered in 2002.

I have been working on a documentary about the Argentine justice system and I have heard so many horror stories--there really needs to be a reform of the entire system.

To go slow is, in fact, a crime and a reason for dismiss trial and to get a change of judge.
However, your lawyer has to push the envelope and complain hard. I do it all the time.
However, the ethic law forbidds me to critize my colleges.

The first rule of the ethics law is don't talk about (the lack of ethics in) the ethics law. :)

In fact there is an ethic law, i wasn t on a metaphisic journey.

My comment was in abstract: this is the tool you ask about, the lawyers has to complain hard to make it happends.

To use it or not is his/her lawyers's decisión.

My trial has been completed after 15 years. Much of that delay was due to my first lawyer being bought off. Also, the suit was against very wealthy people who seem to be better able to abuse the "justice" system. Despite the court recently asking for information from an engineer`s report (which they were reminded they received 14 years ago) they completely ignored my evidence. The other party is appealing as they feel the expenses awarded to pay their legal costs is too low. I have not yet said whether I will appeal. At least there is hope in this article acknowledging that Argentina`s system is broken: https://www.lanacion.com.ar/2120532-la-gran-crisis-de-la-justicia-argentina

Back