Canadian

cooper

Registered
Hey all,

Im 22 and interested in writing but I haven't found my voice and thats why i'd like to try living as the 1920's American writers did; by having at it somewhere cheaper than home. Perhaps its a naive fantasy though i find Argentine culture very interesting. Hypothetically i'd support this unignorably loathesome raison d'etre by a skill in graphic and web design work if its not as saturated of a profession as it is in Canada - and i really hope any of the like would kindly give me heads up or advice!

Thats all. Also I have yet to find the means to actually go to Buenos Aires. Would it be more wise to maybe get an English teaching job to support myself there? Anyone with similar inclinations would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hi Cooper –*I'm a Canadian, with similar inclinations, headed to BA in November to get to work!

I'd say avoid English teaching jobs, or any job in BA that would distract from the task at hand, while also paying pennies.

What kind of work can you do in Canada, and contract from overseas? Any education, experience, magazine writing, etc?

If you have any questions, ask away.

Hi cooper, well, agreeing with hillbilly , Buenos Aires might be just a bit less expensive, but you know, in contrast with the rest of latin america countries, we're probably the most expensive one , with a prices inflation of about 25 % .
Anyways, if you're a potencial writter , i highly recommend Buenos Aires as an inspirational city :) Lots of famous writters of all times had spent part of their lives at this magnificent and multi cultural city , example, Cortazar and Borges.
However, I wish you good luck with your decision !

Back