cannabis in BA

gallemore

Registered
Hi all,

Although I have a strong love for cannabis, I certainly didn't come here just for that...however...I caught a whiff of some today as an Argentine man walked in front of me smoking a joint and I was wondering if head shops exist here like they do in the states. (head shop is a place where they sell pipes and bongs and other things used to smoke "tobacco" lol) Because even if I could find some cannabis, I would have no way to enjoy it. Any information will be helpful. Thanks!

When you walk around weekend ferias take a look at the hippie blankets. Occasionally you'll see pipes (either carved wood, clay, or metal--no cool glass to be found here) and grinders (unfortunately necessary for the preparation/type of cannabis that is common here--brick, with some seeds and stems). That will equip you, or you can buy rolling papers in any kiosko. good luck!

MizzMarr said:
When you walk around weekend ferias take a look at the hippie blankets. Occasionally you'll see pipes (either carved wood, clay, or metal--no cool glass to be found here) and grinders (unfortunately necessary for the preparation/type of cannabis that is common here--brick, with some seeds and stems). That will equip you, or you can buy rolling papers in any kiosko. good luck!

mmhhh and you were asking a month ago where to buy sealable jars :D

Bond Street Gallery on Sta Fe has a big store devoted to that. Sta Fe and Rodriguez Peña, downstairs.

French jurist said:

jajaja--no really! That was for jam! I swear it's not because I had the munchies... ;)

...Really!

Besides Bond St. Pulpot is a good option. Argentina's first hydroponic store that has a wide variety of other paraphernalia as well including things to smoke with, pipes, bongs, vaporizers, and hemp products. http://www.pulpot.com.ar/

Yeah and every kiosko has papers pretty much. They are called papelillos.

Yeah most of the herb here is Paraguayan swag (like Mexican brink in the US) but there is some chronic around at times.

French jurist said:

Hahaha...I wish. I just got here 3 days ago, so I wouldn't have had time to do any growing even if I knew how. I did find Bond Street Gallery and got a pipe. And actually, they had a pretty nice selection of glass ones in addition to wooden and metal. Anyway, now all I need is something to put IN the pipe...Sigh...these things take time, I suppose. I need to make some friends or something. I have no idea how to go about finding any. I'm prepared though! :eek:)

gallemore said:
Hahaha...I wish. I just got here 3 days ago, so I wouldn't have had time to do any growing even if I knew how. I did find Bond Street Gallery and got a pipe. And actually, they had a pretty nice selection of glass ones in addition to wooden and metal. Anyway, now all I need is something to put IN the pipe...Sigh...these things take time, I suppose. I need to make some friends or something. I have no idea how to go about finding any. I'm prepared though! :eek:)
Try randomly the guys that sell handcrafts at the ferias, for example in Recoleta, they might give you a hint or be willing to collaborate. Look for the most rastafari/hippie looking ones, some are actually smoking while they are there, so you will recognize them, of course never give any $ in advance, etc, etc.

Back