Can't book Colonia Express

Sudovest

Registered
Colonia Express won't take an American card (it rejects the transaction) and don't have an american site. Currently not in BA but dont want tickets to sell out. Any ideas?

Is that the only way? I'll have to pay double because I won't get blue dollar rate, right? Or do they bill in pesos?

Is that the only way? I'll have to pay double because I won't get blue dollar rate, right? Or do they bill in pesos?
Wrong. If you are on the Uruguay site you will pay in Uruguay Pesos. Uruguay is a normal country with just one exchange rate. Check the value of the Uruguay Peso on your favourite finance site so you know what you are getting and then What You See Is What You Get

use the UY version of the site.
Wrong. If you are on the Uruguay site you will pay in Uruguay Pesos. Uruguay is a normal country with just one exchange rate. Check the value of the Uruguay Peso on your favourite finance site so you know what you are getting and then What You See Is What You Get
what I’m saying is I’ll pay double(or really 40% more) because I won’t get the blue rate. Paying in Uruguayan pesos will unequivocally be more expensive. As an example, I booked a flight with jetsmart prices were listed in US dollars, but they charged me in pesos, and I got the blue dollar rate, a 40% discount. It is significant.

I could never get the Uruguayan site to work with a U.K. credit card. The site would get stuck in a loading frame, the charge would appear on my pending transactions for 5 days and then disappear. I think they only accept either AR/UY cards

I could never get the Uruguayan site to work with a U.K. credit card. The site would get stuck in a loading frame, the charge would appear on my pending transactions for 5 days and then disappear. I think they only accept either AR/UY cards
How did you end up buying a ticket? Is there any other way if I’m not in Argentina now?

How did you end up buying a ticket? Is there any other way if I’m not in Argentina now?
I went with Direct Ferries. Got tired of faffing around trying to get either page to work. I haven’t used my ticket yet as I’m currently in Europe but will be using it in the coming weeks

I went with Direct Ferries. Got tired of faffing around trying to get either page to work. I haven’t used my ticket yet as I’m currently in Europe but will be using it in the coming weeks
Looks like I’ll need to gamble and hope tickets are available when I arrive or pay double on direct ferries, ugh,

Looks like I’ll need to gamble and hope tickets are available when I arrive or pay double on direct ferries, ugh,
In my case of just one ticket it seemed worth it to pay £40 one way for peace of mind. I’ll buy a return ticket when I can pay in cash

Back